Sweep for Sweep Drill Idea

Sweep for Sweep Drill Idea

I’ve long encouraged students to do drills like this. Here are a couple of solid white belts working on sweeping and flowing - I highly recommend allocating a slice of your drill time to training like this. Hope you enjoy!

Nice! This is how Keenan and Andris at legion warm up every intermediate/advanced Great way to get warm and work technique you'd like to implement during live rounds. 

It's funny because professors will often tell their students to spend time drilling outside of but this just isn't realistic for many people.

Jake95 - 

Nice! This is how Keenan and Andris at legion warm up every intermediate/advanced Great way to get warm and work technique you'd like to implement during live rounds. 

It's funny because professors will often tell their students to spend time drilling outside of but this just isn't realistic for many people.

One sort of cool side benefit from the pandemic has been people connecting to drill independently outside of (out of necessity in most cases).  I hope we can keep that benefit going after things are semi-normal again.

My favorite warm up is start in closed guard, sweep with whatever sweep you want, the the other guys recovers closed guard then he sweeps. 

tjmitch - 

My favorite warm up is start in closed guard, sweep with whatever sweep you want, the the other guys recovers closed guard then he sweeps. 

Great drill, especially for beginners who don't feel as confident sweeping from open guard (or just lack the "vocabulary" of sweeps from different positions). 

goatfury -
tjmitch - 

Great drill, especially for beginners who don't feel as confident sweeping from open guard (or just lack the "vocabulary" of sweeps from different positions). 

Yep, and more advanced guys can recover closed guard, then open up and sweep from there 

I actually did a few classes where during the week I had done flower sweeps and mount… then I had them drill the 2 together