taekwondo x muay thai kicks

can we get a mod involved or whoever regulates these things?

I've reread my posts and how am i trolling? the comment on patterns i meant you had to learn a martial art somehow. if you started without forms you would have to slowly build coordination to the kicks punches etc. somehow.

I meant that forms where a basic introduction to qualities you would later use in the sport aspect. and maybe you take for granted doing certain movements now because you are used to them...they are commonplace. it was a reminder that just because those movements are easy now doesn't mean they are beneath you.

Dbulletproof - Threads are not good natured IMO. The guy is pathetic, all he does is act like a complete beginner and try to engage in pseudo-relevant discussion, however the questions he asks are very subtle trolls that he tries to keep going for as long as possible.

As John Joe said, he is a really weird guy.

Furthermore, I called him out on his trolling a while ago, I messaged him directly and he PM'ed with this:

Megz to Dbulletproof Oct 21 (15 days ago)

"Shut up you whiny victim"

Now, he called me a whiny victim as I made this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2376656/Why-Does-Cancer-Suck/?&page=1

My friend died last week actually, and I was using the OG to vent at the shittiness of the situation. All of the people on the thread were awesome, and they really made me feel better, however as you can see, only a prick like the OP would use that in the way he did.

I think that this is evidence enough, that the guy is a scumbag.

OP, if you really want to learn how to kick, go to a gym and stop being a troll.

Alternatively, as I know you are in England, how about next time I'm over there, I teach you how to kick one to one?

I would be very happy to answer all of your questions in person.

how did you know this troll was from England? I'm willing to prove I'm not this person. even if my posts were somewhat strange i wasn't trolling.

I understand the kicks well enough but there weren't many good arguments. "MT kicks from the floor so it's harder" what?

I'm also wondering if physical threats are acceptable on here. I doubt anyone taught you a martial art for you to settle petty arguments.

john joe - guys, this is the troll first known as Alex Kidd (banned) then came back as Megz (banned) and now using this username. Under his last username he revealed he had created several at once so he probably has a few more in store.

Its such a weird form of trolling; he asks questions about kicking technique and just keeps coming up with more and more questions askign really dumb ones, as if he's a not very bright noob, so people spend ages writing detail for him, but all he is doing is wasting their time.

It is weird as fuck, he must be a really strange guy.

which of my questions were dumb? the original post? that is something i've noticed of MT videos. they often compare their technique to karate, TKD and criticize it. as if what they're doing is really unique.

most people would say or argue that one snaps the other is like a baseball bat. as I've said that's not much of an argument. and if their argument was broad i would ask what their experiences were. I think i make many good points actually.

Dbulletproof - Threads are not good natured IMO. The guy is pathetic, all he does is act like a complete beginner and try to engage in pseudo-relevant discussion, however the questions he asks are very subtle trolls that he tries to keep going for as long as possible.

As John Joe said, he is a really weird guy.

Furthermore, I called him out on his trolling a while ago, I messaged him directly and he PM'ed with this:

Megz to Dbulletproof Oct 21 (15 days ago)

"Shut up you whiny victim"

Now, he called me a whiny victim as I made this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2376656/Why-Does-Cancer-Suck/?&page=1

My friend died last week actually, and I was using the OG to vent at the shittiness of the situation. All of the people on the thread were awesome, and they really made me feel better, however as you can see, only a prick like the OP would use that in the way he did.

I think that this is evidence enough, that the guy is a scumbag.

OP, if you really want to learn how to kick, go to a gym and stop being a troll.

Alternatively, as I know you are in England, how about next time I'm over there, I teach you how to kick one to one?

I would be very happy to answer all of your questions in person.

seriously is that some type of threat? i'm not trolling or doing this for fun. weirdo? your the one projecting some other type of frustration onto someone in a forum. I have a background in TKD, good luck 'teaching' me anything champ.

fightsfan - Ghost of Retard, I saw TROY DORSEY fight in Dallas as a teenager He came up with Ray McCalllum, Billy Jackson, Demetrius Greek Havanas and Tim Kirby, all great TKD kickers on the Texas Karate Circuit back in early 1980's.

Yeah they are legends in the dallas area,  they were all tough as hell, and any one of them would have been very good at mma.  

Firstrodeo:

I started in 87 and practiced for about 7 or 8 yrs.  My TKD tournament days were in the late 80's to mid 90's in the dallas TX area.   Guy Mezger was a regular at the tournaments i went to, (I actually fought one of his guys in a kickboxing match in the late 90's).  I was ranked #2 in Tx in 16-17 yr old black belt division a couple yrs in a row.  I wasn't a killer, but i was decent. 

Most kicks from our style were the chamber, release type kicks.  Even the spinning back kick.  TKD does use mainly hips throwing kicks too, i failed to throw that in.  Thats one of the biggest things i got out of TKD.

I wasn't saying that TKD kicks are soft.  Some of the hardest kickers are from TKD.    Wonderboy has a nasty lead leg  kick that he has ko'd people with.   Spinning back kicks have had more body KO's than any other strike i would think,  and if you've ever been sidekicked in the ribs or face you know how much power they can generate. how many people have been knocked out with a front snap kick now?  

But when it comes to follow through knockdown power,  MT imo has the harder kicks.   It's just a different kind of power you generate.   I think learning both , and having more weapons in your arsenal is a good thing. 

Any of the guys fightsfan listed would have been a motherfucker in MMA in their prime .

Having seen some of both disciplines, I like the front quick snap roundhouse kicks of tkd and the more powerful thai round kicks from the back leg.
I was taught the front push kick(teep) as a tam tui kick in kung fu before ever seeing it in muy thai.

in TKD there is also a front rising kick though i doubt it has as many practical applications. it could become a basis for the axe kick. there is also the rear leg crescent kick probably not the most power efficient kick. like any martial art some movements are for speed and others power. i don't know if i would enjoy a martial art without some finesse moves as well.

perhaps that's the art aspect of these pastimes. practicing these movements creates a perception or habits for the practitioner. is horse riding stance completely practical? then why do it right?

I just thought it strange to compare the front snap kick as there was a more effective, practical kick used within the sport aspect of TKD, the push kick.

there is a tiger stance in TKD. I forget all the Korean names now, but it's a short stance with all the weight on the back foot with the front foot on the toes. maybe used in some situations and i'm glad i know it to have more perspective but i would not enter a sparring match using it, or even a real life situation necessarily.

Ghost of Retard - 
fightsfan - Ghost of Retard, I saw TROY DORSEY fight in Dallas as a teenager He came up with Ray McCalllum, Billy Jackson, Demetrius Greek Havanas and Tim Kirby, all great TKD kickers on the Texas Karate Circuit back in early 1980's.

Yeah they are legends in the dallas area,  they were all tough as hell, and any one of them would have been very good at mma.  

Firstrodeo:

I started in 87 and practiced for about 7 or 8 yrs.  My TKD tournament days were in the late 80's to mid 90's in the dallas TX area.   Guy Mezger was a regular at the tournaments i went to, (I actually fought one of his guys in a kickboxing match in the late 90's).  I was ranked #2 in Tx in 16-17 yr old black belt division a couple yrs in a row.  I wasn't a killer, but i was decent. 

Most kicks from our style were the chamber, release type kicks.  Even the spinning back kick.  TKD does use mainly hips throwing kicks too, i failed to throw that in.  Thats one of the biggest things i got out of TKD.

I wasn't saying that TKD kicks are soft.  Some of the hardest kickers are from TKD.    Wonderboy has a nasty lead leg  kick that he has ko'd people with.   Spinning back kicks have had more body KO's than any other strike i would think,  and if you've ever been sidekicked in the ribs or face you know how much power they can generate. how many people have been knocked out with a front snap kick now?  

But when it comes to follow through knockdown power,  MT imo has the harder kicks.   It's just a different kind of power you generate.   I think learning both , and having more weapons in your arsenal is a good thing. 

Any of the guys fightsfan listed would have been a motherfucker in MMA in their prime .

I never quote, it's a subtle troll.

In for later Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan - In for later Phone Post 3.0

I'm not asking this to continue this thread but what does in for later mean, I've seen it before though. like I'm in to see how this plays out? ty

john joe - 
firstrodeo - 

I'm not asking this to continue this thread but what does in for later mean, I've seen it before though. like I'm in to see how this plays out? ty

you are really pathetic

what?? i am new i dont know what it means

how do i delete a thread. fck this

wow, satisfied?

Rodeo, two things.

1. If you're not Megz or the other guy, then sorry. Man to man... are you that guy?

2. All the talk in the world can't explain the difference between a Thai kick and a TKD kick. As with you, I was also a TKD guy for many years. Then I started doing both, and then I switched fully to muay thai when I realized it was a better use of my time (as in, the same thing might not be true for everyone). If you really want to know the difference, go to a kickboxing club. All things aside, you'll probably have a blast just being exposed to new shit... I know it was like that with me for a good solid year. Hell, if you've been around in TKD long enough, just watch some good kickboxers fight and emulate the way they kick. Yodsaenklai, Remy Bonjasky, Ernesto Hoost, Gokhan Saki, all great places to start. Hell, just watch some really good guys kick thai pads. I remember my first time kicking a Thai pad, except TKD style... the pad hurt me, not the other way around.

john joe - 
firstrodeo - 
john joe - 
firstrodeo - 

you are really pathetic

what?? i am new i dont know what it means

you're such a weird guy

what martial art experiences do you handsome? or do you just seek validation in forums?

john joe - ^ he is that guy, 100%

once AGAIN, if there's a way to prove it go right ahead. whatever you need handsome.

jwistead - Rodeo, two things.

1. If you're not Megz or the other guy, then sorry. Man to man... are you that guy?

2. All the talk in the world can't explain the difference between a Thai kick and a TKD kick. As with you, I was also a TKD guy for many years. Then I started doing both, and then I switched fully to muay thai when I realized it was a better use of my time (as in, the same thing might not be true for everyone). If you really want to know the difference, go to a kickboxing club. All things aside, you'll probably have a blast just being exposed to new shit... I know it was like that with me for a good solid year. Hell, if you've been around in TKD long enough, just watch some good kickboxers fight and emulate the way they kick. Yodsaenklai, Remy Bonjasky, Ernesto Hoost, Gokhan Saki, all great places to start. Hell, just watch some really good guys kick thai pads. I remember my first time kicking a Thai pad, except TKD style... the pad hurt me, not the other way around.

I am not that guy. can't you check that somehow? i'm between jobs and have all the time in the world to be honest...

and of your first sentence (not to continue the discussion) i just find it hard that it can't be explain better by actual practitioners, that's all.

i agree if i could sparr more often than do curriculum i would be pretty happy.

firstrodeo - 
jwistead - Rodeo, two things.

I am not that guy. can't you check that somehow? i'm between jobs and have all the time in the world to be honest...

and of your first sentence (not to continue the discussion) i just find it hard that it can't be explain better by actual practitioners, that's all.

i agree if i could sparr more often than do curriculum i would be pretty happy.

I'll take you at your word.

I'm not trying to be a punk telling you to go to a club. I could sit here all day talking about the differences. But it's like the old saying goes, why settle things with words when you can use fists?

As a fellow TKD guy, believe me, you'll feel the difference in the kick about a thousand different ways.

One kick isn't "better" than the other... they're just two different tools you can use in different situations.