Take a tour of Fight Island (4:41)

Take a tour of Fight Island with Guilherme Cruz for MMA Fighting.

https://youtu.be/r7O7i6E33Fs

2 Likes

3t for Gilligan’s Island.

Getting Virtua Fighter vibes. Can't believe it's literally on a beach, lol.

Its not on a beach.

Havent you seen the indoor arena?

The cage on the beach is some kind of promotional material.

I love how it has the feel of a transient, overpriced, disappointing and slightly disorganized summer attraction that comes to town for a week in August.

1 Like

Fyre fest!

1 Like
pidgey -

Its not on a beach.

Havent you seen the indoor arena?

The cage on the beach is some kind of promotional material.

I thought the Holloway fight is going to be in the cage on the beach?

1 Like

what if it starts raining? will the fight go on!? 

Abu Dahbi looks just gross.

Extremely hot, too hot to go outside, dusty, overpriced, no booze and the women are covered.

Huge, monstrous skyscrapers that seem to catch in fire all the time.

Can't wait to consider that as a vacation destination vs. almost any other country in the world.

2 Likes
knappster -

what if it starts raining? will the fight go on!? 

Watch the video or read the thread.

The fights are in an arena, the cage on the beach is just a promotional thing.

Is the commission going to allow sunscreen? That’s going to be greasy during grappling

mikethecricket -

I love how it has the feel of a transient, overpriced, disappointing and slightly disorganized summer attraction that comes to town for a week in August.

It does have a traveling convention feel to it. 

AlexinTO -

Extremely hot, too hot to go outside, dusty, overpriced, no booze and the women are covered.

Can't wait to consider that as a vacation destination vs. almost any other country in the world.

This.

People talk about it being glamorous,  but it seems skinda lame.  Like Las Vegas but they cut your hands off if you do anything fun.  Offensive cultural beliefs and huge hypocrisy.  

2 Likes
AlexinTO -

Their is booze, i have been to F1 race there.  

“and the women are covered”

I’m definitely not in an Arab country, yet it’s currently a damn heat wave (AGAIN!) here, and while driving I saw this Muslim woman covered from head to toe in long sleeve, scarf, and long dress. Crazy. They are impervious to heat strokes or what? At least the men’s desert dress seem to protect from sun & heat.

Pretty amazing stuff given the current situation. It becomes all the more clear seeing the safety precautions in place. 

Also quite interesting how the whole event is taking place in that very non-descript white dome. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but pretty cool on the inside.

Damn I guess I’m a fuckin dummy but I was pumped to see some outdoor fights 

Don't they have sand storms there?

Sprawl'n'Stall - "and the women are covered"

I’m definitely not in an Arab country, yet it’s currently a damn heat wave (AGAIN!) here, and while driving I saw this Muslim woman covered from head to toe in long sleeve, scarf, and long dress. Crazy. They are impervious to heat strokes or what? At least the men’s desert dress seem to protect from sun & heat.

Gotten ripen the peach.

They like a funky monkey with a big bush (bush keeps the funk popping 24/7). 

Charliemma -
AlexinTO -

Their is booze, i have been to F1 race there.  

Yeah, buddy of mine was there a few years ago with a band he worked for, and there was plenty of beer and booze. 

I think you have to be very careful about getting poopfaced, and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to get caught with weed, though. 

as for the girls, they get uncovered too. Maybe not in public, but they will.