Tank UFC Hall of Fame?

xcouturefan - Do any of you read or remember.

Tank would have won UFC 6 and the 2nd Ultimate Ultimate.

Tank fought 3 fights on those nights. Taktarov and Frye fought twice and took part in "worked" fights.

That is just your opinion.

Tank lost those fights. Get over it.

I don't think molsonman is a tuf noob but I do think those worked fights heavily factored into Tank not winning those two tournaments.

Tank is definitely a pioneer, but doesn't have HOF credentials.

The only reason Tank was so famous was because NHB's fanbase was made up of middle aged hicks who spent most of their time on their ass or in a bar. Tank and his fans are walking talking punchlines. He did so much for the "sport"

lol Get the fuck outta here

If your arguing that he should be in the HOF because he put asses in the seats then Kimbo was the greatest there has ever been no?

FloridaStriker - "I think he had a huge impact on the striking evolution in MMA"

Some of you are so fucking delusional. What "striking evolution" are you fucking talking about? Evolution? It's just now becoming so well known that it is ATTRACTING actual "strikers"

Going from hiring guys right off the street who say they can fight to hiring fighters who have legit backgrounds in "striking" is not evolution. It's called having standards.

You fucking idiots act like everyone sat and studied Tanks movements and became greater fighters lol.

Tank=Kimbo

Putting him in the Hall of Fame would show how cheap and retarded MMA really is.

Frank Shamrock was the FIRST real Mixed martial artist. Everyone else with the exception of Royce were just fucking meat heads throwing down in a cage with other meat heads.

You want to talk evolution. The real evolution came when Frank beat a much bigger, much stronger Tito Ortiz. A guy who basically bullied his way to a championship belt because he was so much bigger and stronger then everyone else.

Tank...striking evolution...right. Fucking idiot

Actually Don Frye was the "FIRST real mixed martial artist" he came before frank s.

Also Tank was way ahead of a clubber type guy that kimbo is/was. I actually watched the UFC's as they were coming out back then and Tank did indeed have some skill in boxing and in wrestling, why thats hard for alot of people to admit is beyond me. If he came out today he wouldnt be shit but around 94-97 he was pretty damn good, yeah I hate him too, but truth is truth.

Immaculata - Tank is definitely a pioneer, but doesn't have HOF credentials.

Then why did Dana say that Tank was absolutely going to be in the UFC hall of fame?

Tank needs to be there if, for nothing else, dispelling the TMA myth once and for all.

Tank a HOF'er? Hell no!

Actually Don Frye was the "FIRST real mixed martial artist" he came before frank s.

Nope, that title would belong to Marco Ruas who came before Don Frye and Frank Shamrock!

xcouturefan - ^^^^^whatever

If you think Taktarov vs. Macias and Frye vs. Hall weren't worked fights your ignorant, or a tuf-noob.

You just made it very obvious that you are trolling.

This seems to be a touchy subject for a lot of people, but I'll give my take on it. In the early days of the UFC all fighters came in with a background in one TMA. That is in fact why the UFC was created in the first place, to see which martial art ranked supreme (and to advertise Gracie jiu-jitsu). Imo the first real guy who combined wrestling and boxing was Dave Beneteau and he lost to Taktarov twice and Dan Severn who were both champions. He never amounted to much as a fighter, but he clearly had skills in both disciplines and combined them effectively. Tank was the first guy to fight with no style, but the UFC billed his style as "pit fighting" later changed to "street fighting", even though he had some background in wrestling and boxing. So the UFC was trying market him as a brawler and in his first appearance at UFC 6 he turned the MMA world upside down with two devastating victories over subpar opponents, but they were spectacular victories none-the-less. Tank had a few more victories here and there, but as MMA evolved, Tank didn't and he was never a factor again. His place in UFC history as the first "bad boy" and street brawler are secure and there were few fighters that were more entertaining in the early days as Tank was. His recored doesn't garner him a place in the HOF, but his character and impact in the early days do. It's a tough call and not mine to make, but there is no denying that Tank was a big part of the early UFC days.

Tank belongs without question.

Tank belongs in the HOF for sure. Until Tank got in there, everybody was thinking Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling were the only way to win fights. Tank goes in and in his first fight KO's a huge guy who everybody expected to beat Tank.

A lot of people get their panties in a bunch over Tank because they have been training in Jiu-Jitsu for 5 years, have a purple belt, have trained striking for 3 years and KNOW THAT TANK, WITHOUT TRAINING, WOULD FUCK THEM UP AND TAKE THEIR LUNCH MONEY. He devalues their blue, purple and brown belts.

molsonman - 

Tank fought 3 fights on those nights. Taktarov and Frye fought twice and took part in "worked" fights.

Both Macias and Mark Hall admitted to throwing those fights. Are you kidding me, Macias jumped into a standing guillitine choke 5 seconds into the fight. The infamous shady promoter Buddy Albin threatened his career if he didn't throw the fight, so he did.

Mark Hall has publicly gone on record saying that Frye promised him X amount of money to throw the fight. That fix actually worked out better because I never knew it was a fix until I read about Hall complaining Frye hadn't paid him the money. I actually thought Hall was fucked up because he had Polar Bear Varelans carry him back to the dressing room.  

No, no, no, god no, no. If he gets in the HOF is a joke, the HOF should not be soley based on name recognition or having been in multiple shows in the early day. No, no, no to Tank in the HOF.

newbloodmma - 
molsonman - 

Both Macias and Mark Hall admitted to throwing those fights. Are you kidding me, Macias jumped into a standing guillitine choke 5 seconds into the fight. The infamous shady promoter Buddy Albin threatened his career if he didn't throw the fight, so he did.
Mark Hall has publicly gone on record saying that Frye promised him X amount of money to throw the fight. That fix actually worked out better because I never knew it was a fix until I read about Hall complaining Frye hadn't paid him the money. I actually thought Hall was fucked up because he had Polar Bear Varelans carry him back to the dressing room.  

Tank lost in the finals. Get over it.

GNPfan - 

Nope, that title would belong to Marco Ruas who came before Don Frye and Frank Shamrock!

Forgot about him...agreed.

Tank fought a total of 2 minutes and 13 seconds before his fight with Taktarav. You guys make it seem like he was in grueling hour long matches.

Before Tanks fight with Frye he fought a total of 3 minutes and 53 seconds.

Get over it.