TAPOUT/ABG LOSE 2ND MSJ HEARING TRIAL IS ON JULY 7

http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/hitmandandiaz/media/ScreenShot2014-06-02at22341PM_zpsaeb62c66.png.html

so tapout/abg went to the judge a 2nd time for a motion for summary judgment to have the case dismissed. MOTION DENIED. trial is on for JULY 7TH  and i cannot wait to start. hopefully the supposed MMA media will actually cover it since they dont have to beg for ads and money from tapout anymore. 

ask any questions you have and i will answer the best i can. 

also pics of gtfo

http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/hitmandandiaz/media/Scan0002.jpg.html

http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/hitmandandiaz/media/metal%20mulisha%202011/2011-02-15_13-58-45_155.jpg.html

cost me my entire savings the past 4 years. 

NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES and TORONTO, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Authentic Brands Group LLC ("Authentic Brands Group" or "ABG") announced today that it completed a $250 million equity capital raise with Green Equity Investors V, L.P., an affiliate of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. ("LGP"), Knight's Bridge Capital Partners Inc. ("Knight's Bridge"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Counsel Corporation ("Counsel"), and ABG's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer James Salter. The equity capital will be used to fund the growth of ABG's global brand licensing and management business as ABG looks to acquire and manage iconic consumer brands in the apparel, sporting goods, action sports, home, celebrity, entertainment and consumer electronics segments.

About Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. Leonard Green & Partners is one of the nation's leading private equity firms with over $9 billion in equity commitments under management.

Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. was founded in 1989 and has invested in 51 companies with an aggregate value in excess of $42 billion.

i have voice mails where i am threatned by a tapout/ABG employee to take ZERO that they are a "BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT WILL BURY ME AND LEAVE ME ON AN ISLAND"

dont play the billion dollar card unless your ready to get it cashed. 

fuck them 4 years im still here and going strong. 

that message will be played in court for the jury. 

they have spent over a million dollars the past 4 years to keep it out of court btw. 

Will they keep dragging it out until you're out of money to fight?

HITMAN DAN DIAZ -  http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/hitmandandiaz/media/metal%20mulisha%202011/2011-02-15_13-58-45_155.jpg.html

who dat?

don't recognize her, all i see is the Spanish chick from my name is earl at ringside nowadays...

I dont know anything about the case, is there an existing thread that breaks it down or can you explain whats happening?

Jimmy Wrassler - 

I dont know anything about the case, is there an existing thread that breaks it down or can you explain whats happening?

I'm in the dark as well here

Alumynabjj - 
HITMAN DAN DIAZ - 

so tapout/abg went to the judge a 2nd time for a motion for summary judgment to have the case dismissed. MOTION DENIED. trial is on for JULY 7TH  and i cannot wait to start. hopefully the supposed MMA media will actually cover it since they dont have to beg for ads and money from tapout anymore. 

I have one. How much money has this cost you in attorney fees? Also, since I doubt tapout has any real revenue coming in how do you expect to collect if you do win?

A lot of contracts call for the looser to pay legal fees. Also, cases like this are not always about collecting the finds owed. Those cases are usually litigated on contingency.

The TapouT/ABG corporation likely has some sort of insurance that Dan could collect against. He is also likely trying to get the ownership to his brand back.

If you know about the time that this all went down Tapout had approached several of the better positioned brands (Hitman and Dethrone were among them) to offer to handle the supply side of their business. Tapout felt that leveraging the production side of those businesses would help drive down cost and improve margins. Also by freeing up the operators to do what they were doing best, market and build the brand. As Dan's suit claims, certain owners were self-dealing and enriching themselves to the detriment of the Tapout brand and of course its affiliates. Dan and others were not getting accurate or in some cases any kind of reporting. At the same time certain owners along with Damon Caldwell tried to lure athletes into similar structured deals, making claims of hundreds of thousands being made for these athletes.

Dan is fighting for what he built. It was stolen from him. It was Dan's hustle that put the value into the Brand. In regular business the 500 pound gorilla will buy its competitors to lessen the competition (see Zuffa). Usually there is a transfer of funds before the gorilla shutters the brand that was a thorn in its side. In this case, Dan was doing business with friends and those friends had associated with a bad group of people. They used the friendship and instead of paying Dan for what he built they stole it. They needed the brand out of the way and they had the money to pay for it but chose not to pay.

If you have been around MMA for long enough it is clear that guys like Dan and Hitman, the guys at Dethrone were making waves. Dethrone through structured deals that secured a certain amount of champions and Dan's Gorilla Marketing attack on the market that Tapout used to own.

I hope Dan prevails, I hope he collects what he wins and I hope he is able to put the same amount of energy and effort into the sport, as Dan and Hitman are good for the sport.

haha that would be poetic justice

Ingrained Media - 
Alumynabjj - 
HITMAN DAN DIAZ - 

I have one. How much money has this cost you in attorney fees? Also, since I doubt tapout has any real revenue coming in how do you expect to collect if you do win?

A lot of contracts call for the looser to pay legal fees. Also, cases like this are not always about collecting the finds owed. Those cases are usually litigated on contingency.

The TapouT/ABG corporation likely has some sort of insurance that Dan could collect against. He is also likely trying to get the ownership to his brand back.

If you know about the time that this all went down Tapout had approached several of the better positioned brands (Hitman and Dethrone were among them) to offer to handle the supply side of their business. Tapout felt that leveraging the production side of those businesses would help drive down cost and improve margins. Also by freeing up the operators to do what they were doing best, market and build the brand. As Dan's suit claims, certain owners were self-dealing and enriching themselves to the detriment of the Tapout brand and of course its affiliates. Dan and others were not getting accurate or in some cases any kind of reporting. At the same time certain owners along with Damon Caldwell tried to lure athletes into similar structured deals, making claims of hundreds of thousands being made for these athletes.

Dan is fighting for what he built. It was stolen from him. It was Dan's hustle that put the value into the Brand. In regular business the 500 pound gorilla will buy its competitors to lessen the competition (see Zuffa). Usually there is a transfer of funds before the gorilla shutters the brand that was a thorn in its side. In this case, Dan was doing business with friends and those friends had associated with a bad group of people. They used the friendship and instead of paying Dan for what he built they stole it. They needed the brand out of the way and they had the money to pay for it but chose not to pay.

If you have been around MMA for long enough it is clear that guys like Dan and Hitman, the guys at Dethrone were making waves. Dethrone through structured deals that secured a certain amount of champions and Dan's Gorilla Marketing attack on the market that Tapout used to own.

I hope Dan prevails, I hope he collects what he wins and I hope he is able to put the same amount of energy and effort into the sport, as Dan and Hitman are good for the sport.

as usuall he is on the mark. 

dethrone and triumph united both got fuck over by tapout as well for 10s of thousands. 

every fighter that had a signature shirt with tapout was defrauded from the inception of the deal.

this was done on purpose and set up ahead of time and knowingly by tapout. 

no fighter has ever recived an accurate sales report for royalties and every one of them was back doored on the production costs as well. 

if tapout has a problem with this statment they have my lawyers contact info and i look forward to subpoanaing every single production report, invintory report, and sales report, as my defense for this statement. 

14thepages - Will they keep dragging it out until you're out of money to fight?

that train is at the end of the tracks now. that was the past 4 years. but no matter what it has to go sooner or later.  i will never stop i will never quit and i will not back down. fuck them.

http://dethorglry.blogspot.com/2012/03/michaelw.html

thats a direct link to the tapout lawsuit. 

ttt

Sub. And good luck Phone Post 3.0

well , i admire your tenacity Dan and i admire Brittany