Tapout sponsorship of Kimbo = 50K per month

"People should realize that you are seldom, if ever, wrong."

Repeatedly and publically claimed Hilary would be the next President. Then resorted to laughable ret-conning to try and spin it.

"What other options did Kimbo have? I took his limited skills and made it in a white mans world."

What are you talking about?

MMA is equally made up of whites, blacks, brazilians, japanese, etc.

kanotoa - Kimbo was hot for a short time. Elite and Tapout were smart to ride his 15 minutes, now it is over but everyone made money, and we were all entertained.

+1. Well said.

Can someone verify the $50K per month? that's crazy as hell. I'll laugh my ass off if Tapout is locked into that for a long period of time

I can guarantee he's not making 50k a month off tapout. tapout is big, but that's A LOT of money for a company like that. MAYBE 50k year.

Tapout kicks kimbo to the curb after fight. No Tapout on Kimbo after fight.

Weren't the conspiracy theorists saying that UFC owns TapouT?

tenchu - Weren't the conspiracy theorists saying that UFC owns TapouT?
UFC/Zuffa does own Tapout!

kazja13 - Tapout kicks kimbo to the curb after fight. No Tapout on Kimbo after fight.

Why are you bring up a video from a year ago as a point?

i think he posted the video.....to show a disturbing pattern......

Redneck - My sources deep within the Industry tell me that the recent sponsorship deal of Kimbo by Tapout saw Kimbo receiving in excess of $50K per month from the clothing company. Although I wonder if they are assessing the value of that investment now.

How ironic is it that Seth Petruzelli, the man who just destroyed Kimbo and is a far more accomplished and skilled MMA Fighter, is lucky to pull in 15K a year from the sport?

MMA is one of the only sports where the talent of the athlete can play second fiddle to his marketability and showmanship.

I HIGHLY doubt that Tapout is giving Kimbo $600,000 per Year. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

FredruM - 
Redneck - My sources deep within the Industry tell me that the recent sponsorship deal of Kimbo by Tapout saw Kimbo receiving in excess of $50K per month from the clothing company. Although I wonder if they are assessing the value of that investment now.

How ironic is it that Seth Petruzelli, the man who just destroyed Kimbo and is a far more accomplished and skilled MMA Fighter, is lucky to pull in 15K a year from the sport?

MMA is one of the only sports where the talent of the athlete can play second fiddle to his marketability and showmanship.

I HIGHLY doubt that Tapout is giving Kimbo $600,000 per Year. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.
tapout makes a hundred million a year

So did anyone email the Tapout guys a PWNED picture yet? I mean that is alot of money down the drain

LOL @ tapout for being dumb enough to sign kimbo to ANY sponsorship contract. don't feel bad for them at ALL! they know the sport and knew he was a HUGE risk. serves them right for furthering the farce.

my sources said...That show is a very funny subject for me... I still am not allowed to talk about my TapouT relationship untill certain things are done... Yes I was a part the company and their long before the show. I fight professionally and have my own gym. Since I have left Sprawl has taken me in and gave me a new home! To bad certain people don't understand the meaning of take care of the people who take care of you!

sounds like a sound investment.

Kimbo is doing Nike commercials, was on the ABC David Blaine show, has been on SI, ESPN, and his YouTube fights have had millions of hits.

Only people who see this is much attention is Chuck Liddell and maybe Randy Couture.

Tapout is about selling an image. Kids don't want to be Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.. they want to be thugs or gangsters. Kimbo fits that bill... he may not be either one.. but he has the look.. the cool nickname. And that's all it takes. Kimbo is a media phenom. For the amount of coverage he gets.. it probably would be the equivalent of millions of dollars of commercial time, so a $600K investment.. or 50K a month is reasonable.

Randy Couture & Chuck Liddell fight once or twice a year and make 600K to fight for 15 minutes. Kimbo fights.. AND is followed around by the press and making appearances left and right.

kazja13 - 
FredruM - 

tapout makes a hundred million a year

No.