Tavares-Guillard @ TUF 9 Finale

http://www.intheguard.tv/portal/?channel=2&section=1&action=1&id=616

Tavares x Guillard in works, likely for TUF Finale

13.03.2009 03:43 | MMA related | by Martins Denis (denis@intheguard.com.br)

<!--$rs_a->fields['foto1']// nome do arquivo armazenado no bd--> 

A fight between Brazilian Thiago Tavares and American Melvin Guillard is being negotiated to take place in the first part of the semester, all with the belief that they will confront in the TUF 9 Finale, on June 20th. The source that informed Intheguard.tv that the lightweight meeting was signed, did not know exactly where it would take place.  

Melvin was going to confront another Brazilian, Ronys Torres, in a fight that was never officially confirmed due to a serious tear in the knee of the Nova Uniao fighter. The match would have taken place in UFC Fight Night 18, set for the April 1st. Guillard, a New Orleans native, was last seen quickly knocking German Dennis Siver out in UFC 86 (July 2008). The fight lasted only 36 seconds. 

Thiago Tavares is on the road to a comeback after two consecutive losses, one by knockout. He was able to recover from that turbulent phase in his career with a good showing in UFC 94. In that event, that took place in Las Vegas, Tavares bested the Armenian Manny Gamburian for a unanimous decision.

Melvin will get subbed like he always does when he faces a guy with good jits. Seriously, Melvin is one of the worst grapplers in the UFC, if not the worst.

What's odd, is that prior to his stint in the UFC, he looked MUCH better when dealing with grapplers. It's almost like he's regressed a little on the mat.

Domingo - What's odd, is that prior to his stint in the UFC, he looked MUCH better when dealing with grapplers. It's almost like he's regressed a little on the mat.

Cocaine can have that effect on people ;)

good fight.

I look forward to seeing Guillard lose again. When are they gonna drop him?

Good fight but I want to see someone try and KO Melvin

Melvin will look like a fish out of water.

meh, clearly a fight to weed someone out.  Curious style matchup.

Guillard is getting choked out, no doubt about it.

looks like they are trying to cut Melvin while putting over Tavares

3xT

Tavares fan here.

melvin

No matter who he fights,I love to see Melvin loose.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but it's always nice to see Guillard lose.

Reed Rothchild -  Guillard is the main event    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except the main event is Diego Sanchez v. Clay Guida.

Jordan Watters - 
GSP4Prez - Melvin will get subbed like he always does when he faces a guy with good jits. Seriously, Melvin is one of the worst grapplers in the UFC, if not the worst.

he was still able to go 25 minutes with their golden boy, Roger Huerta.  AND WIN!

except that his win got overturned for greasing IIRC

Spencer Fisher

All hail the King.

(warning: unabashed jockriding below)

You're one of the few fighters that I know is going to give me immediate ROI in my investment in a PPV/ticket purchase.

It's a pleasure to watch you do what you do.