Team USA wins world wrestling team championship

russia and belarus was banned from competition by UWW…

apparently there is a conflict going on somewhere…

USA has always sucked at Greco… the reason is that mostly all the wrestlers competing in Greco could make it in freestyle…

this silliness get’s thrown out entirely too much…

all of our greco athletes specialized because that is what they preferred for a host of reasons… and almost all of them had results in the women’s style and the shit style…

if it was just as simple as athletes who could not cut it then the long list of free guys who showed up at trials thinking they would just make a greco team and got smashed would not exist…

they are basically two different sports and this country actively campaigns against it’s better wrestlers even trying greco at any level because of fear and ignorance…

but whatever…

Georgia and Azerbaijan have had plenty of success. Just during the old Soviet era there was only one of them to deal with. Now with the former Soviet republics and Russians defecting to wrestle elsewhere it is much more difficult year in year out.

Banging a female Japanese Olympic wrestler has to be quite the experience…

We suck at Greco now because we got rid of our good coaches and recruitment. The USOEC was a great program.

1 Like

Greco is gay. It’s for plodding retards.

that does play a factor in it no doubt…

NMU took 5-6 spots on senior and age level teams, so, it is not like that program has totally gone away, but, i am not super convinced of what is happening up there currently…

i was super pumped when they gave ivanov the reigns to american greco earlier this year, but, he has pissed everyone in greco off at the moment…

the real problem is that greco is actively campaigned against by our college coaches and “fans”… there is no support at all and that makes it really hard to compete against the best in the world when your own country does not care about you in the least…

i have hope for the future, but, it will always be a struggle in this country…

1 Like

this is this country’s wrestling “fan”…

impressive, yes?

They need to find another great coach like Momir Petkovic. When he and Ivan left things went to shit.

What’s wrong with Ivan’s coaching?

Joe Warren is back and highly motivated to get US Greco back in the medals…

1 Like

He isn’t American. I think he is a great coach personally.

it is less his coaching and more his personal style…

Greco sucks. Karrelin is the GOAT of gayness

you need top update your trite shtick…

lopez eclipsed karelin in tokyo…

I don’t know about his coaching but I love the Bulgarian bag he vouches for.

it has nothing to do with him being bulgarian…

we have had him, mo, ahad, muhhamed all on staff…

there are some that are worried ivanov is just using USA Greco as a commercial for suples…

one of his club kids did bring home a U20 medal this year… that was a first for his club…

1 Like

Exact same scenario in judo. But was wondering if those 2 countries were good back during the USSR era and immediate era aftet the break up. I’m assuming yes.