Technique of the day.....

Here is a little trick for you half guard lovers.I made this one up while messing around with ways to apply the Granby series to submission grappling..

I call it "Q-oudhini".

Ok, so a guy has your back and you are turtled and need to establish your guard again.

This is what you do...

1.With your right hand you grasp his right hand and pin it to your stomach (as if he where doing a wrestler's tightwaist).

2.Now tripod onto your head and feet and begin moving to your right by shuffling your feet...

3. Bring your left hand up to your left hip (this will be your blocker to stop him from following.It blocks his right hip).

4. Use that left hand to block him and keep an angle as you continue to circle to your right.

5. Now with the angle and still tripodded on your head and feet,look to your left....you will see both his legs.....You want to take your right leg and throw it between them as to establish an inside hook for your half guard.

6.Now just let go of his hand and lock up your half guard,adjust and then attack your favorite sweep or sub...

Rock on

Q-Bone

ttt

ttt for Q-BONE to get his own Q&A!!!

ttt

TTT

That's great! Please keep 'em coming.

Wait a minute...

What's to stop the guy from sinking his hooks when you tripod? And who's strong enough to tripod on their neck with an opponent on their back?

ttt

TTT

I Understand your move and think it would work into my favour. My 1 question is how are u grabbing his arm and is it the 1 u are Kimuraing?

thanks steve

ttt

Nice stuff.

Thanks!

ttt

Nice, we need more of this stuff on the UG!!

Thanks

Badass ttthread!