Techniques for post ACL surgery?

I'm sticking to doc's orders of no rolling for the first four months. However I am able to drill with a controlled partner. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I have been drilling half guard with the weak leg on the ground. Any other techniques recommended?

thanks,
Scott

Only 2 concepts you should follow.:

1. Listen to your Dr
2. Do not rush back to sparring. Just drill.

If you must, you can practice your bottom defense from cross-sides, with your opponent on your "healthy knee" side and holding position from cross-sides w/bent armlock subs.

I've had 3 knee surgeries. Be very careful, for "micro-movements" still stress the knee. I learned that the hard way.

Practice couch surfing.

I would be scared as shit to go back to even drilling before a significant period of time had elapsed.

Good luck with the recovery.

Good topic. I'm 6 months post-surgery and started judo at the 3 month mark. I was too bored to sit around feeling sorry for myself. I just work around my injury and don't push it too hard.

Thanks for the feedback fellas....keep them coming.

Nowaydo; that's a sobering thought...

Scott

I have had several ACL surgeries, before I started BJJ... that said I wouldn't go past anything suuuuper basic and soft until at least 3 months in. I rushed back after 3 months to skateboard (how I tore it originally) and retore is almost immediately. Really not worth it, take your time and heal up man. 

Caught_clean - I have had several ACL surgeries, before I started BJJ... that said I wouldn't go past anything suuuuper basic and soft until at least 3 months in. I rushed back after 3 months to skateboard (how I tore it originally) and retore is almost immediately. Really not worth it, take your time and heal up man. 

Second this. Although no knees involved, I've had several other soft tissue injuries requiring surgery. The last one, a ruptured pec repair, somehow got me to thinking I was superman and tried rolling TWO WEEKS post surgery, thinking that I could keep my hand in my belt and be fine. Felt a little "pop" and thought I had re-ruptured it. Thankfully, it was only scar tissue. Stupid, nonetheless.

Not worth it to push it. A couple of extra months of waiting might equate to six months of doing rehab all over.

slow easy 1/2 guard.. Drill grips sequences, grip breaks counter grips..

I developed my deep 1/2 guard game all post ACL/MCL replacement surgery. Get Glover's DVD's and have fun with no heavy resistance.

Also, rehab that thing to death. Don't stop. After a year I still made gains.

Half guard. My coach told me when I tore my knee up that Nogueira's half guard is so good because he's always had knee problems and half guard is easy on the knees so during bjj training he would try and only use half guard. Phone Post

Cycling Phone Post