Tell me anything about Eric Nyenhuis

His name has been popping up in relation to the pancrase hybrid history documentary and pancrase usa potential shows. Word is he frequented the underground around 2013 claiming to be a trainer at the Lions Den. I've also found a few abortive attempts of other fandom revival events like a warriors anniversary fest and a glow revival show that were incompetently run at best and scams at worst. Given I'm a filthy 13er i seem to have missed the drama on here back then. Does anyone remember or have links to threads?

I have interviewed him several times.

The first time I did, Ken Shamrock's wive, Tonya, contacted me to say he never was part of the Lion'S Den. In her words, "he was just  a gofer." 

The Warrior Reunion ( the event I attended in AC) was a bust. None of the cast members that were promised to be there were present. No buffet or celebrities like Vern Troyer. He did however manage to get a spot on Good Morning America and was covered by Rolling Stone. 

He is friends with Mikey Burnett and does have some connections in MMA.

Thanks, can you elaborate on "some connections in mma" as i also have that but it doesn't mean squat

Upon some further research I have come to the following facts

Eric did indeed hang around the original Lions Den, he never passed or took the tryout

Eric later was a coach at the lions den in conneticut

Erics username on here during the time of his activity was "intheringradio"

he likes to capitalise random words

flemingo - 

Eric did indeed hang around the original Lions Den, he never passed or took the tryout

Funny to here Lions Den CT mentioned here.  Im friend with the owner of the Lions Den CT. (now closed).  The owner was Doug Cartelli as mentioned before.   He did serve time for a few years for tax evasion but is now out.

I used to hang out at the Lions Den in CT and never seen or met Eric.  And I knew the owner, general manager, and most all the coaches.

Lions Den in CT is a beautiful facility before it closed.

did they close because covid or were they closed already

On a SideNote -
flemingo - 

Funny to here Lions Den CT mentioned here.  Im friend with the owner of the Lions Den CT. (now closed).  The owner was Doug Cartelli as mentioned before.   He did serve time for a few years for tax evasion but is now out.

I used to hang out at the Lions Den in CT and never seen or met Eric.  And I knew the owner, general manager, and most all the coaches.

He coached at least one at lions den ct or at least claimed to

He also has run several revival projects all to varying degrees of completion.

Lucas Maximus - 

did they close because covid or were they closed already

It closed when the owner, Doug, was charged and sentenced in federal court to money laundering and basically running a Ponzi scheme.  I always wondered how the gym made money since it was huge and state of the art.

Guess the federal charges answered my questions.

1 Like
flemingo - 
On a SideNote -
flemingo - 

He coached at least one at lions den ct or at least claimed to

He also has run several revival projects all to varying degrees of completion.

He may have been there since the place was poorly ran and had so many coaches there.  It was a mad house but produced some good fighters.

I think the gym was basically a "front" for the money schemes they had going on up there.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/owner-concrete-company-sentenced-prison-37-million-tax-evasion-scheme

The owner of Lions Den CT.

Interesting. According to the USPTO website, Eric owns the copyright for merchandise. 

Word MarkPANCRASE HYBRID WRESTLING

Goods and ServicesIC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Bandanas; Gloves; Scarves; Shorts; Socks; Athletic footwear; Bottoms as clothing; Caps being headwear; Tops as clothing; Wristbands as clothing

Mark Drawing Code(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS

Design Search Code26.11.01 - Rectangles as carriers or rectangles as single or multiple line borders

26.11.02 - Plain single line rectangles ; Rectangles (single line)

26.11.13 - Rectangles (exactly two rectangles) ; Two rectangles

26.11.16 - Rectangles touching or intersecting

26.11.21 - Rectangles that are completely or partially shaded

Serial Number90133729

Filing DateAugust 24, 2020

Current Basis1B

Original Filing Basis1B

Owner(APPLICANT) Blown Falcon Productions LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY CALIFORNIA 718 Glenlea st LaVerne CALIFORNIA 91750

Description of MarkThe mark consists of Plain single line rectangles; Rectangles (single line) - Rectangles (exactly two rectangles); Two rectangles - Rectangles touching or intersecting - Rectangles that are completely or partially shaded

.Type of MarkTRADEMARK

RegisterPRINCIPALLive/Dead IndicatorLIVE

carsonstevia -

Interesting. According to the USPTO website, Eric owns the copyright for merchandise. 

Word MarkPANCRASE HYBRID WRESTLING

Goods and ServicesIC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Bandanas; Gloves; Scarves; Shorts; Socks; Athletic footwear; Bottoms as clothing; Caps being headwear; Tops as clothing; Wristbands as clothing

Mark Drawing Code(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS

Design Search Code26.11.01 - Rectangles as carriers or rectangles as single or multiple line borders

26.11.02 - Plain single line rectangles ; Rectangles (single line)

26.11.13 - Rectangles (exactly two rectangles) ; Two rectangles

26.11.16 - Rectangles touching or intersecting

26.11.21 - Rectangles that are completely or partially shaded

Serial Number90133729

Filing DateAugust 24, 2020

Current Basis1B

Original Filing Basis1B

Owner(APPLICANT) Blown Falcon Productions LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY CALIFORNIA 718 Glenlea st LaVerne CALIFORNIA 91750

Description of MarkThe mark consists of Plain single line rectangles; Rectangles (single line) - Rectangles (exactly two rectangles); Two rectangles - Rectangles touching or intersecting - Rectangles that are completely or partially shaded

.Type of MarkTRADEMARK

RegisterPRINCIPALLive/Dead IndicatorLIVE

There is an issue as smash has the rights in japan, and i believe theirs a treaty or something that trademarks are respected between both countries

Eric you know you are a crook. You scammed me for $4,000 to edit a documentary that wasn’t yours. You created a fake imdb.com page and listed yourself as “Director”. Run from this man as fast as you can. Everything out of his mouth is a lie. He has a consistent history as a scammer. Just Google search his name.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNyhcChronicles19792015/posts/this-drug-addict-asshole-right-here-eric-nyenhuis-who-promoted-the-warrior-fest-/979080165570664/

Shamelessly bumping my thread here. After eric appeared on another thread he proceded to respond to allegations of fraud by threatening to sue then suggesting that the man making those allegations was “passed around a prison yard” the thread has now been deleted

3 Likes

So Barnett didn’t show up either? I wonder if Chris contacted him?

It was so strange.I had what I wanted to say right after someone posted & the message I got was strange.I can’t remember what it said after I clicked reply.

i find it hard to believe pancrase never trademarked their logo in the states, they had an office in L.A and a North American website in the mid 90’s. Some Nisei cat named mike something or the other was in charge. And how fucked up slimey is it to backdoor an established companies name and act like you’re the legit one. One of henry ford’s cousins did this to him on ford tractors, the actual ford motor company had to call their tractors fordsons

lest i be accused of being a lying villein, from 12/96’

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 7.36.59 PM

they had north american paperviews, for fux sake!

Is that 12/96 ad from Black Belt?

I didn’t know Josh didn’t appear at the event; that’s a little surprising as he did post the flyer on his facebook page a few days prior.

Yeah the other thread disappearing was nonsense. But I think the writing is on the wall and the inevitable is only being delayed.

yep, has chuck norris on the cover, as i recall. The other thread about hysteric erik that carson made for his interview seems to have disappeared

ah, i just saw the australian liberal’s post mentioning the thread was deleted. I wonder why? This erik cat clearly has some kind of mental problem, but it doesn’t excuse the squirrelly behaviour and blatant grifting. You would think his high powered law dog would know the difference between libel and slander