Tennessee to legalize MMA

Tennessee Commission vote!

Monday, May 19 2008

By JD Meredith, Memphisboxing.Com

The state of Tennessee is 24 hours away from a final vote on the Senate Final Floor tomorrow (5/20/08) where lawmakers will decide the fate of SB 3836. The passing of SB 3836 will legalize mixed martial arts events in the state of Tennessee and create a new athletic commission to oversee MMA, boxing and kickboxing. "This bill will allow Tennessee to be one of the leaders in the Nation in hosting these type of events. The revenue for the State will be in the neighborhood of 70-100 million dollars. In our area alone the economic impact will be pre event 25 to 50 million dollars," said State Representative Curry Todd.

I hope it passes. Keep me posted.

NC starting their first sanctioned mma event as well. The south will rise again!

ttt

TTT for mma in Tennessee!!!! It would be great to be able to fight in front of my family up there!

ttt

the question is who will be sitting on that comission. still good news

newbloodmma - the question is who will be sitting on that comission. still good news

Doesn't matter who will be on the commission, you can't get much worse than Kelly Farr and the GAEC.

ttt

govols6911 - 
newbloodmma - the question is who will be sitting on that comission. still good news

Doesn't matter who will be on the commission, you can't get much worse than Kelly Farr and the GAEC.

yes, ive dealt with him. an uneducated(aboutmma) control freak. he has no fuckin business deciding who fights who.

Heard it past.