"That Judo Throw"

wanna-lickee dickee?

Mike Swain is a beast

TiTTy!

The way to differentiate between the throws is where is the fulcrum point for the throw. If the guy is pivoted over the hip its a hip/goshi throw. If he is pivoted over the leg its a leg/ashi throw. In the case of throws like harai goshi the leg is an assistant to the throw but you should focus on where the main pivot is being made to make the distinction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo_techniques

judoanswersall - I don't mind them calling it a judo throw - I mean how many in the audience would have a clue what a o goshi is?

Most know "judo throw"

audience in attendance?

who cares because they cant hear the commentators anyway.

TV audience?

well thatd be us...so.

gogojeffa - wanna-lickee dickee?

Wrong forum asshole

ttt for judo throw

Rogans done enough confusing to the new audience with crack head control

levragentiming - ttt for judo throw

Rogans done enough confusing to the new audience with crack head control

lol

True...

LeftBench - The six posts above mine are the reason he just calls it "that judo throw"

Exactamundo.

it was O-guruma ... god damn

For the record, I have heard other broacasters refer to the Rubber guard besides Joe, Mir did it recently in a WEC fight.

LOL

Judo folks are sooo technical... It's a Japanese thing. They get hung-up on dojo etiquette, and especially terminology. If a Wrestler incidentally executes a harai goshi, is it still a harai goshi?

Lets keep it simple. Wrestling = takedown Judo = throw/toss

BeboSaab - Wrestling doesn't have the gi specific techniques of Judo, it's really quite different.

If wrestling is so good then why can't any wrestlers win even a national Judo title? It's a different game when you can grab clothes, real real different. Wrestling was created with the condition that two naked men would be wrestling greased in olive oil, Judo did not come from this background, it came more from the submission wrestling style of ancient india.

The two wrestling traditions are distinct and different, one coming from ancient Greece and before, one coming from India.
Sounds like MRBIG1 or Redneck hacked your account. That's just straight up tomfoolery.

BeboSaab - Harai goshi isn't a good technique for no gi or wrestling because it opens you up to a single leg, that's why wrestling doesn't really have reaping throws.

In gi standup its a better move because it's easier to control your opponents body by yanking the lapels or stiff arming, if someone takes your back you just turn a bit and stiff arm their lapel and you can get back out easy.

Maybe by noobs.
I've been watching Nick Diaz, do it over and over, even on Kurt Pellegrino, and awesome wrestler himself. Joe Riggs got sent to the hospital with it, and I personally watched Celita Schutz hit wrestlers with it in No-gi while training for the ADCC trials, then go into the trials and nail Lana Stefanic.. an extremely large and skilled no-gi grappler in front of about 200 other people.

If done right, your upper body is so tied up that the last thing you'll think of is picking up a single.

Gotta be footage of a wrestler throwing it somehwere. Anyone got youtube footage?

It was a judo jab.

Judo throws have a specific underlying reason that make them work, and they are classified acordingly. Judo is better adapted to Clothing or the GI. When you see someone like Karo aply Judo throws in MMA, it takes a high degree of technique and skill to achieve