The 2020 LW landscape

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1237789044248993793

Trinaldo with another win.

Moicano with an impressive submission win as his debut at LW.

Oliveira with his 7th straight UFC win, 7th straight UFC finish. Most subs in UFC history at 14. POTN award.

I thought the Lee vs Oliveira fight should have earned FOTN but they gave it to the Moroz Silva fight, whatever.

Thats the ninth POTN/FOTN award for the LWs this year. Clearly in the lead as a division in the UFC.

Welpā€¦

The landscape has changed, especially at the top of the mountain.

Who knows what is next for Khabib and Conor, the possible four man tourny between Khabib/Tony and Conor/Gaethje is out the window.

Lets hope Dana does not try to give Tony/Gaethjeā€™s title shot vs Khabib to Conor first.

We donā€™t know what is now next for fighters who were booked like Ramos, Makhachev, Dunham, etcā€¦

We do know Michael Johnson vs Worthy is booked for 249 and so is Alexander Hernandez vs Omar Morales.

Now that Tachi Palace has been announced for the location of the next fews shows during the shutdown of society I expect we get some LW fight announcements soon.

Dana told Okamoto that the Tony Gaethje winner will get Khabib next... in September.

Glad to see he is not pushing for Conor to get it.

Dana also did mention again, Conor really wants the rematch with Khabib so maybe Conor waits to get the next title shot after the Khabib vs Tony/Gaethje fight in September. I'd imagine if Tony/Gaethje could upset Khabib in September that Conor would want that title shot.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1248396201667387392?s=19

BJ Penn ForeverĀ -Ā 

Poirier vs Hooker going down May 16th per MMAjunkie.

Conor should fight winner of this fight and winner fight Gaethje

Gaethje's coach talks about the upcoming fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfa0u-R7e5c&feature=youtu.be

LW is starting back up slowly.

Barboza is headed down to FW.

Cowboy vs Pettis is going down at WW.

Upcoming LW fights:

Tony vs Gaethje 5/9

Dober vs Hernandez 5/13

Johnson vs Moises 5/13

BJ Penn ForeverĀ -Ā 

Oliveira with his 7th straight UFC win, 7th straight UFC finish. Most subs in UFC history at 14. POTN award.

I thought the Lee vs Oliveira fight should have earned FOTN but they gave it to the Moroz Silva fight, whatever.

Thats the ninth POTN/FOTN award for the LWs this year. Clearly in the lead as a division in the UFC.

Tony vs Gaethje earns FOTN and LWs 10th OTN this year. Gaethjeā€™s POTN award makes it 11 awards for the LWs this year.

Joins Hooker Felder and Miller Holtzman to make 3 LW FOTN awards this year.

Just read Tony suffered a broken orbital.

You have to assume he will be out nine months to a year.

Tony and Lee out the rest of the year is a big hit to the division.

At least we got to see each of them in one big fight this year.

Sucks to think LW has lost Tony, Lee and Barboza for the rest of the year. At least we got a couple good fights from Tony and Lee before they were out.

Leo Santos, Taisumov, Makhachev, Gillespie, Mark Madsen, Dariusch, Carneiro, Oliveira... these are the guys I need to see booked soon now that Jacksonville, The Apex and Fight Island are up and running.

UFC needs to quit fucking around and just give us real fans a card with seven or ten LW fights.

Slick sub and win for Moises tonight over a game vet who has beat Tony and Poirier and been in there with Diaz and Khabib.

Dober vs Hernandez was a war and I'm sure it will earn FOTN.

Dober just won 6/7 and he is not officially top 15 yet, that should tell ya how deep the division is.

BJ Penn Forever -
BJ Penn ForeverĀ -Ā 

Tony vs Gaethje earns FOTN and LWs 10th OTN this year. Gaethjeā€™s POTN award makes it 11 awards for the LWs this year.

Joins Hooker Felder and Miller Holtzman to make 3 LW FOTN awards this year.

Dober earned POTN so thats 12 awards for LWs this year.

I thought the Dober Hernandez fight earned FOTN over the fight that got it and Moises could have easily earned a POTN for his comeback and slick sub.

Fun Fact- Michael Johnson now has a losing record inside the UFC (11-12) while also holding wins over Tibau, Lauzon, Ferguson, Poirier and Barboza.

Just goes to show records are not everything and also just how deep the division is.

LW is starting back up...

6/13- Charles Rosa vs. Kevin Aguilar 155 lbs

6/20- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Jim Miller

Clay Guida vs. Bobby Green

Frank Camacho vs. Matt Frevola

Austin Hubbard vs. Joe Solecki

6/27- Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker

Luis Pena vs. Khama Worthy

7/11- Leo Santos vs Roman Bogatov

7/18- Davi Ramos vs. Arman Tsarukyan

Marc Diakiese vs. Alan Patrick

Joe Duffy vs Joel Alvarez

Ā 

9/19- K. Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje

BJ Penn ForeverĀ -Ā 

Fun Fact- Michael Johnson now has a losing record inside the UFC (11-12) while also holding wins over Tibau, Lauzon, Ferguson, Poirier and Barboza.

Just goes to show records are not everything and also just how deep the division is.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s toe to toe with everyone in the practice room, too.

wiggum -
BJ Penn ForeverĀ -Ā 

Iā€™m sure heā€™s toe to toe with everyone in the practice room, too.

I bet.

Man, of course I'm looking forward to the Poirier and Khabib fights but I'm also happyĀ  Davi Ramos vs Arman Tsarukyan is happening.