The CACC Triangle

Mark, that page you gave has never worked for me, even cut and pasting.

scuffler - do you mean prone - or supine -

prone is face down - supine is face up -

either way i can think of ways to get into position -

face up -

renzo teachs this - your going for a arm bar - he's on his back - you have both legs over him - he is locking his hands - the leg over his face some how ends up between his arms (your foot is on the wrond side of his arms - close to his under arm)-rotate your body towards his feet - but stay on your side - lock the triangle and pull his arm

if he is face down

he has you in side control - his arm is between your legs - you push his head down towards your feet and throw your outside leg over his head and lock the triangle on - then he collaspes onto the mat chest on the mat.

you have side control -

the knee closest to his head is in his arm pit - press his far hand into his stomach - w/your other hand, grab the back of his neck and pull it up as you fall to your side - slap on the triangle - he will remain on his side - so you both are on your sides and the triangle is on (actually much harder to defend for him)

you can hit a triangle from north south - so both you backs are faceing the mat - and obviously you can roll so both your stomaches are facing the mat

you can hit a triangle - from mount -

i think that covers every postion your body can possibly be in - and you see, you can hit a triangle from every possible position

eric paulson has a nice touch to the north/south triangle - he grabs your leg and pulls it up like a knee bar - this causes your body to scruch and really drives your neck into hios leg -

i have read that the triangle was unknow in brasil till the 70's or 80's and a student found a judo book from the 20's and started catching everyone in the triangle - untill it caught on

sreiter,Thanks, it should have read prone (face down)Nice stuff...which also made a lightbulb go off in my head (one of those things that has been right under your nose but you still miss it). We have a guy at class who is very adapt at triangling an opponent who is working a cradle on him (either near or far side cradle) and this also ends up in the required position. The same guy is very skilled at triangles (unlike myself....short legs) and I have seen him land almost all those you described, and described very well at that. In fact he hit the mounted triangle Wed. night :) The BJJ triangle story can be found in this interview with Jacare:http://www.geocities.com/global_training_report/jacare.htmMark

"...and described very well at that"

thanx

Trying to think of any other possible ways to get triangle and remembered that Jason Coomer (the guy I was talking about in the other post) has gotten a face up triangle variation from a turtled opponent several times.....I have also (ONCE) seen a "flying triangle" landed when a guy was working a guilotine and his opponent reached down between his legs to scoop him.

Mark

The flying triangle is ideed used. Ye Lunatic has described it as it is practiced at Renzo's academy.

at renzo's - there was a brazilian visiting who i became friends with. he hit the fling triangle from his knee's - he would just jump up and slap the triangle while you were on your knee's from the "go" position -and he momentum would cary you backwards on to your back - so he would end up in the mount triangle
he won the braziliero (brazilian nationals) - in 9 seconds w/the move