The Caveman Necktie (can’t get it to work)

Anyone have success with the caveman necktie?

A lot of my game is based off a front headlock/chin strap.

Saw this on YouTube a few weeks back and thought it would fit nicely in my game but can’t get it to work. I think I’m riding my shin too high and need it more along the side.

In any case, anyone use this or have any pointers/tips on how to make it work?

Interesting, never seen this. I like the peruvian necktie from there, another good option.

1 Like

Yeah, he actually talks about going into the Peruvian from there. Basically gets that same setup, leans towards his 5 o’clock and throws the rear leg over for a modified Peruvian.

It’s a really interesting option as I tend to force that front headlock position and work from there so trying to add it to the arsenal.

I was always taught this as a variation of the Peruvian neck tie. Always worked but a small detail we were taught is the leg against the neck needs to have the foot on the inside of arm not outside like he does.

Good stuff.

1 Like

Cool to see that Master Fred Simmons has branched out from teaching just Tae Kwon Do!

haven’t seen it.
I usually use my left shit/knee to pressure his arm in (where I’m usually going anaconda) and as you pull him to that side, he can’t repost
If that fails because he’s keeping his arm out, then he’s more or less handing me a regular guillotine.

Just seems like this attack is going A->B->C rather than A->B->A
and my skepticism is that it’s going down a path where you’re really risking positional dominance.
This here is almost like where you’d end up if you got taken down by a low single if you’re opponent can circle his right arm around your ankle.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be more productive to stay focused on your “Y-guard”

scissor timbers GIF

2 Likes

There’s of course other similar shin pressure no-gi chokes like that --like the no-gi Bow & Arrow.

But, they’re all kinda finicky, IME. Not for everyone. Generally better for skinnier/longer limbed guys. IF you’re a heavyweight with big thighs, it’s probably not gonna happen very easily.

In the opening frame he’s perfectly set up for a Schultz Headlock Choke. That’s a solid move that just about anyone can do from there.

FRAT