The Count Advises Garthje to Fight Max For BMF

UFC Hall of Famer Michael Bisping believes Justin Gaethje opting to sit out for a lightweight title shot could cost him.

“BMF” champion Gaethje (25-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) recently said he’s willing to wait his turn for a title shot if the UFC chooses to rebook a title-fight rematch between lightweight champion Islam Makhachev and Charles Oliveira next.

But with Max Holloway (25-7 MMA, 21-7 UFC) calling out Gaethje, Bisping thinks Gaethje should consider that option to avoid being forgotten about. He pointed to No. 1 middleweight contender Dricus Du Plessis as an example, who has been leapfrogged by Khamzat Chimaev.

“Max Holloway? Sign me up,” Bisping said on his YouTube channel. “Justin Gaethje, Max Holloway, ‘BMF’ belt, make some more history, defend the ‘BMF’ belt. He would be the first person ever to defend the ‘BMF’ belt. I mean, that’s a pretty cool thing. Listen, we know that’s kind of a made-up belt for promotion purposes, but it’s cool, and the fans dig it, and I love it. Why not?

“Come on, defend the ‘BMF’ against Max Holloway and in the meantime, Charles Oliveira, Islam Makhachev, they go to war. Islam probably gets the job done there and then Justin Gaethje steps up, fights him wherever it is, Las Vegas, Abu Dhabi, I don’t care. I just want to see the fight. So there it is. I don’t think Justin Gaethje should sit out because history has shown that you can be forgotten about.”

Daniel Cormier recently made a case for Makhachev vs. the returning Conor McGregor, and Bisping doesn’t rule that out as a possibility. Hence, why he urges Gaethje to remain active so he stays relevant in the title discussion.

“There could be some crazy victory soon,” Bisping continued. “Conor McGregor, he’s back. He’s going to fight Michael Chandler. If that fight with Islam and Justin doesn’t happen before Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler, you can bet your bottom dollar (if) Conor McGregor wins that fight, he’s fighting for the belt. So again, where does that leave Justin Gaethje?”

Very winnable fight for Max. If it’s 5 rounds especially

BMF belt should be thrown in the toilet.

3 Likes

So whether or not Gaethje fights Max or just waits for the Islam Charles winner… Conor can skip over Gaethje if UFC wants that regardless of what Gaethje does. Bisping knows thats. DC also knows Makhachev vs Conor instread of Chandler is a terrible idea.

DC and Bisping are just talking #1 bullshit to entertain the casuals.

I disagree. Halloway’s power doesn’t carry up in weight. His arms on extremely short despite being a tall FW. Gathge hits too hard for him.

Yeah it’s stupid and we actually saw a Battle for the BMF fight this weekend… it was the Lineal MMA Champion and the Lineal Boxing Champion.

Both weighed in the 270s. Not 145 or 155 lbs like this clown midget belt parading like it means anything at all. It’s insulting.

I lake Max and I think Justin is a low IQ meat head. That being said, Justin would wipe the floor with max.

1 Like

Wat Garthje!!!

If Max fights at 155 again, he should take the time move up properly and fight someone a little lower in the rankings like Dan Hooker.