The Count wants on UFC Liverpool card

bout 28 minutes in

“…goin back to UFC Liverpool for a second, this is a Believe You Me exclusive… UFC I’m available. If you want me on that card, you got my number. May 27. 9 weeks. Nice retirement fight. Liverpool, Northwest of England, where I’m from. I am interested on fighting on that card. We’ll see what the UFC come up with.”

Only if he does a walkin wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Nick diaz dont be scared homie

The guy has built so much credibility the past 3-4 years, but he's turned down fights against anyone that could beat him for his final fight.  I want a nice ending for his story, but that's a tough sell for me. 

idsmashit -

Nick diaz dont be scared homie

Nick Diaz will only be on a PPV because Nick will want to get paid if he comes back.

Askren UFC debut? 9 weeks so a 185 fight wouldn't make him rush for a cut to 170. Give ben a big name for UFC debut, get a lot of eyeballs to see him finally and see if he can beat bisping easier than gsp did in his return fight. Sets up gsp askren perfectly right?

Askren. Do it BLAF.

Rhys91 -
jgiveshead -

The guy has built so much credibility the past 3-4 years, but he's turned down fights against anyone that could beat him for his final fight.  I want a nice ending for his story, but that's a tough sell for me. 

He deserves it 

He deserves to fight someone worthy.  Or not fight at all.  There's favourable fights, and then there's easy fights.  It sounds to me like he wants to dig up the bones of some retired never-was to give him some kind of guaranteed victory.

Does any fighter ever deserve a guaranteed victory?  Do the fans?  I dunno man.  It all just seems pathetic to me.  I was just voicing my disinterest in that kind of thing.

I'm a huge fan of him avenging a loss.  Bisping vs Vitor is the obvious one to make, Hendo's another one.  I think he'd fucking murder Vitor right now, and he'd have to be a huge favourite over Hendo.  There's a ton of good fights for him, but he doesn't want any of *those*.

Feed Nick Diaz to him or CM Punk. Wanna see the Count go out delivering a demolition job. 

fna - 

Askren UFC debut? 9 weeks so a 185 fight wouldn't make him rush for a cut to 170. Give ben a big name for UFC debut, get a lot of eyeballs to see him finally and see if he can beat bisping easier than gsp did in his return fight. Sets up gsp askren perfectly right?

They're cool with each other now. I don't think Askren has any desire to fight Bisping, but who knows? I do think it sets up a GSP fight excellently.</p>

Personally I'd like to see a fight with Franklin @ 205 lbs.

Derek BrunsonVerified account @DerekBrunson 6h6 hours ago
More

I still don’t have a fight, nor does @bisping , I’m ready when you are!!! #UFC

The choice is simple. 

Give Bisping a can and have him do basically a exhibition where he retires or have him face a credible foe who could beat him and ruin the moment. 

I don’t see Michael wanting his last moments to be of defeat nor do I see him wanting to risk matters by getting concussed or what have you so I think it comes down to the UFC not wanting to have a Bisping vs a can and that’s been the hold up. 

Which is logical for UFC. 

There is zero value in Bisping beating a gimme. 

The value comes from Bisping beating a credible foe and showing he still has got it as he chooses to walk away. 

Or getting beaten and passing the torch to a talent who gets the name scalp and a little momentum. 

I don’t see a fight being made in time at all since he’s turned down offers. 

The Gastelum fight was really no risk and all reward since he likely got paid a handsome backroom bonus for saving the event and stepping in on short notice. 

With the loss you had built in excuses of the comedown post GSP mentally along with the fact his body wasn’t 100%. 

So that was a logical payday and fight to accept. 

As it stands he wants a victory lap and maybe a well deserved one but it really won’t benefit the UFC to let him take batting practice since that really won’t draw any more viewers or sell any more tickets than they could without him. 

I hope he gets a fight and gets to leave the gloves in the cage at home essentially. 

His career won’t be defined by a final win no more than it will be by a final loss so really I want to see him happy and healthy as he walks away under his own powers. 

Just if you want one more fight you can’t hardly expect cannon fodder. 

I mean this isn’t boxing.  Yet. 

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 

The choice is simple. 

Give Bisping a can and have him do basically a exhibition where he retires or have him face a credible foe who could beat him and ruin the moment. 

I don’t see Michael wanting his last moments to be of defeat nor do I see him wanting to risk matters by getting concussed or what have you so I think it comes down to the UFC not wanting to have a Bisping vs a can and that’s been the hold up. 

Which is logical for UFC. 

There is zero value in Bisping beating a gimme. 

The value comes from Bisping beating a credible foe and showing he still has got it as he chooses to walk away. 

Or getting beaten and passing the torch to a talent who gets the name scalp and a little momentum. 

I don’t see a fight being made in time at all since he’s turned down offers. 

The Gastelum fight was really no risk and all reward since he likely got paid a handsome backroom bonus for saving the event and stepping in on short notice. 

With the loss you had built in excuses of the comedown post GSP mentally along with the fact his body wasn’t 100%. 

So that was a logical payday and fight to accept. 

As it stands he wants a victory lap and maybe a well deserved one but it really won’t benefit the UFC to let him take batting practice since that really won’t draw any more viewers or sell any more tickets than they could without him. 

I hope he gets a fight and gets to leave the gloves in the cage at home essentially. 

His career won’t be defined by a final win no more than it will be by a final loss so really I want to see him happy and healthy as he walks away under his own powers. 

Just if you want one more fight you can’t hardly expect cannon fodder. 

I mean this isn’t boxing.  Yet. 

Thanks for your post. As of right now Bisping is ranked #6 still so it’s going to be intriguing to see how this unfolds.