The Dark Horse of the PRIDE GP....

I really wanted to see Sergei-Heath in this round, but since Ogawa is required to get the bottom seed (Silva), we are forced to have a rematch on the card. Here's how I would "seed" the field:

1. Fedor
2. Mino
3. Randleman
4. Heath
5. Sergei
6. Semmy
7. Ogawa
8. Silva

If you did the 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, and so on, I think the fights would be better and more fair to the competitors. Coleman for example would likely be here instead of silva had they done this in round 1.

well, the Russian or Herring I would say are the 2 dark horses. I almost picked Heath over Nog, but I just couldn't. http://mma-fighter.com/news/pridecriticalcountdown/preview/

TTT

ttt

"Semmy is more like a dark giraffe"

LOL

TTT

ttt

TTT

Sergai used to train with Fedor.... if anyone knows what weaknesses Fedor has, its Sergai....

All he has to do now is get to the final to fight him. I'm pretty sure Pride will arrange the brackets to allow Fedor Vs. Nog in the final.

TTT

TTT

Kharitonov would give both Fedor and Nog a hard time.

ttt

I think he'll give whomever he's matched against all they can handle.
Against Fedor, both guys will know each other well and likely won't make any crazy mistakes as a result. Fedor himself spoke very highly of him and mentioned fighting him would be the toughest fight he's had yet.

Mino's boxing is better, but he's still noncommittal enough where he won't knock him out. Sergei doesn't shoot low enough to get caught in that new choke that Mino's got, too. I call this one a toss-up.

Ogawa might be interesting, but I think Sergei wins this.

TTT

well, to be fair ninja was quite smaller than kharitonov(though beating ninja that soundly is a feat either way)

- he proved he's "for real" when he beat the bigger and seasoned MMA vet in Schilt.

He not only pummeled Ninja, he tossed him with a HUGE hip throw.