The facts about BJ...

VIPete -  nuthuggers who are annoying by disrespecting him and gloating over the win (like they where the ones who beat BJ) for the past two weeks straight.

Caliphornia has a point by saying BJ has never talked shit about the fans.
Wow. BJ doesn't talk shit about fans. What a rarity. He's definitely PFP now!

BJ's fans are the worst on the internet. You can go to any website and you will see it's the same everywhere. People are sick and tired of BJ's nuthuggers. It's out of control. When you talk as much shit leading up to the fight as BJ's fans did, of course they are going to be happy that their fighter won. IT'S CALLED SPORTS. Don't fucking lie and pretend for a moment that you aren't happy when a fighter you pick won and you don't say a word. Get outta here with that garbage.

Ausgepicht - People are sicks and tired of BJ's nuthuggers.

Ausgepicht - Don't fucking lie and pretend for a moment that you aren't happy when a fighter you picks won and you don't say a word. Get outta here with that garbage.

Vinny is that you?

What are you talking about? I didn't say he's PFP.

Looks like you like to troll websites and join in on the bash BJ bandwagon. Are you trolling for BJ nuthuggers to talk shit about? What does that make you? Garbage?

Btw, I knew GSP was going to beat BJ. I just didn't see a way for BJ to win. I'm just saying...there's just no need for shit talking BJ anymore. It was ok at first as it was expected but c'mon get over it. The fight is over. Move on with your life.

Yep...go for the Ad Hominem attacks when you have nothing to stand on. You are a world class debater! Should I point out the errors you made in your post?

Yeah, there's no need to talk shit about BJ any more. Let's just let him do it all since he's doing such a fine job.

Hardcharger - 
toshii -  Jiu Jitsu and striking of course

FAIL.

Were you smarter with your last troll account, or is this what we should expect regularly from you?
BJ's striking is better.  GSP knows that, which is why he engaged in ground and pound.  BJ's Jiu-Jitsu is better.  GSP landed a huge shot in the guard in round 2 that put Penn out of the fight.

BJ also landed an even bigger shot to Hughes in their first fight in the guard en route to the RNC so guess that means Hughes' jits is better?

"To the death."

Wasa-B - BJ also landed an even bigger shot to Hughes in their first fight in the guard en route to the RNC so guess that means Hughes' jits is better?

"To the death."

What evidence is there of GSP's jits besides passing the guard of a barely sentient BJ Penn and tapping Hughes?

All the ridiculous nonsense he creates negates his accomplishments in my opinion. He runs his mouth, even after eating his own words and makes excuses for everything that doesn't go his way. BJ needs to quit acting like a spoiled kid, then people can focus on his achievements. Until then he'll remind he of the Terrel Owens of MMA.

toshii - 
Hardcharger - 

FAIL.

Were you smarter with your last troll account, or is this what we should expect regularly from you?
BJ's striking is better.  GSP knows that, which is why he engaged in ground and pound.  BJ's Jiu-Jitsu is better.  GSP landed a huge shot in the guard in round 2 that put Penn out of the fight.

BJ got his ass kicked on the feet, and GSP smashed his nose repeatedly. On the ground, he passed BJ's guard with ease time and again. You=FAIL with your latest troll reincarnation.

orcus -  "when skill is equal or close, the winners always gonna be the bigger stronger man, its why we have weight classes."

It sounds like you're saying GSP is not a better fighter, he's just bigger, and so pretty much avoiding a straight answer to Ausgepicht's question.

At what aspect of MMA is BJ better than GSP?

How much to remove from consideration the weight advantage when comparing skills is a tough endeavor. But I would still say BJ's BJJ is better than GSP's, despite being passed numerous times in the last fight.

Weight/strength, in my opinion, has a pretty substantial effect on guard passing, especially for GSP's bread and butter "no hand" pass. While there is no doubt GSP has technically perfected that pass, the particular pass relies a lot on the ability to have strong head and arm control. If I had to quantify it, success at that particular pass would consist of 60% skill, and 40% weight/strength.

Thus, GSP's guard passing clinic, in my opinion, does not necessarily demonstrate that GSP's BJJ skills are better than BJ's, independent of weight.

Moving on to other aspects of BJJ, I think BJ has demonstrated a more diverse BJJ game in MMA.

GSP has demonstrated a strong top kimura. From my experience, jiu jitsu players who habitually go for bent arm-locks from the top are usually stronger, more athletic guys. I think the reason is because strength is a larger factor in finishing a kimura than with other subs (compare, for instance, the strength required to control someone and finish a kimura from the top vs. a RNC). Also, his kimura opens up transitions for him to go for straight armbars (Hughes III and Mayhem (?) )

On the other hand, BJ has shown good armbar-triangle transitions against Pulver, a reverse triangle against Hughes, gogoplata attempt against GSP, and has shown a high percentage of finishing the RNC (Hughes I, Gomi, Stevenson, Pulver II). Needless to say, BJ gets the back a lot more often as well.

Finally, BJ's top game exhibits more technical passing (see, e.g., Pulver I). While GSP's head and arm pass is very effective, BJ seems to have more of an arsenal.

The foregoing are my reasons for concluding that BJ's BJJ game is still better than GSP's, if weight wasn't a factor. By no means am I a BJJ guru, so please feel free to jump in and disagree.

I can't speak to striking, b/c I have no experience there, although GSP did show better striking than BJ in the second fight. And there is no question that GSP's wrestling is better, if not the best in the sport.

GSP won decisively which showed he was better

but fucking lol @ acting as if size doesn't matter in a fight especially on the ground

Yea I agree BJ has better BJJ and quicker faster hands than GSP.

It was just GSP's night; dominating performance by GSP.

Will the excuses ever end.

GSP is better; there is no excuse.

Hardcharger - 
toshii - 
Hardcharger - 

FAIL.

BJ got his ass kicked on the feet, and GSP smashed his nose repeatedly. On the ground, he passed BJ's guard with ease time and again. You=FAIL with your latest troll reincarnation.

Not sure why you are so angry.  It's what I believe.  BJ got his ass kicked on his feet after getting blased from inside the guard with a huge shot.  That was the end for him.

Penn got his ass kicked in all aspects and ranges.Total beatdown.