The fall of MMA.....

MMA IS the greatest sport of all time IMHO. However, I am getting really suspicious of works. I really think that some fighters are taking money to lose. I'm not naming names but I really think something is gonna leak soon.

Call me KKM, troll, conspiracy theory man, etc.. but something big is gonna happen soon. This business has been borderline too long for this not to be happening. I am very concerned because I think this could be devasting for this sport.

There are way too many politics involved nowadays.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm getting a bad feeling about stuff lately.... Anyone else?

"what the fuck are you talking about?"

MMA IS the greatest sport of all time IMHO. However, I am getting really suspicious of works. I really think that some fighters are taking money to lose. I'm not naming names but I really think something is gonna leak soon.
Call me KKM, troll, conspiracy theory man, etc.. but something big is gonna happen soon. This business has been borderline too long for this not to be happening. I am very concerned because I think this could be devasting for this sport.

There are way too many politics involved nowadays.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm getting a bad feeling about stuff lately.... Anyone else?

Ya know, I have a sneaky suspicion that Goldberg/HHH was a work. Nahh.....

I thought the "work" issue would become a big deal a couple of years ago but it never did. Does anyone think the Japanese fans care about works?

KKM, troll, conspiracy theory man.

the bigger and more widespread anything becomes, the more it's susceptible to corruption. be it Enron, the stock market, professional boxing, or MMA. even in its infancy we know there have been works, and not just in Pancrase or other japanese events. and now with talk of Don King getting involved??????

edited for spelling

weak

Matt vs BJ will be a work.

A F******g work of art on Matts behalf!

Blame Pride.

legbender is correct.

Kai, I agree and disagree. Pride has done more works, but Oleg/Macias and Hall/Fry 2 and 3 all took place in the UFC or U-JAPAN, and both were before PRIDE 1.

dan severn / travis fulton

people are too quick to call works.

After reading No Holds Barred Evolution you have to know that kind of stuff still happens today. There were some real dirtbags floating around back then.

We just dont know about it. YET.

I smell, or I would smell conspirearcy, if I could spell it.

The fall of MMA... it will be a short fall.

The sad thing is... The kind of money in this sport (with the exception of Pride) is so nominal that people are throwing fights for what??? A few hundred bucks, or a few thousand at best...

That is pretty cheap to sell-out. Not that selling out for 6 or 7 figures is OK, but damn... pay-offs at this level is pretty damn pathetic and shows REALLY low character.

I think that people who throw the fights usually don't do it simply for a one time payout but more often to protect a recurring revenue stream provided by the promoters asking them to take the dive.

I think the same fighters face similiar pressure to take steroids and other questions of moral hazard...