The "fist" pose when taking pictures with fighters

I usually do the "jerk off". Sometimes I go with the Ricky Gervais. Like the getting strangled too.

Do any of you bastards remember the idiot who took pics with Jon Bones Jones and his fist pose looked like it was punching himself??? He had a sweet headband. Someone post a link or bump that shit. Phone Post

Fighters are just as guilty of doing it as fans are. In fact, I only started to do it after guys like Tito, Josh Barnett, Rampage and Rashad did it first. I stopped after a while. It does look a little goofy, lol.

Holy fuckin shit, is that Diego??????

How did the fist pose come about from boxing? So if you meet Mike Tyson do you do the fist pose? Phone Post

sgotwalks - At an event in BC a few months ago I took the opportunity to slide a paper sign over top of Cody McKenzie's rock, only to realize afterwards that Jonathon Brookins inadvertantly through out some scissors to take me out of the game.

lol @ this Phone Post

"Fist pose" needs an entry on Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fist+pose

I have started doing the fist pose just to mess with u fuckers. Hahaha Phone Post

bromance

The fist pose looks silly if it is accompanied by a mean mug, otherwise I think there isn't that much wrong with it. FRB doing the fist pose with Vince Neil is a classic case of misuse, I'm going to give him an out though and say maybe he was doing it to be ironic? A multi-layered picture troll?

The fist pose with Rihanna is hilarious though.

I would opt for the "hang loose" or thumbs-up if it were me.

What do fighters think of this?

I just let my massive bicep hang down low while I make the fighter do the fist pose...

BrutalMedic - I met Wanderlei Silva - when I asked for a photo, he automatically fist posed. I guess it's the done thing, really.

I did, however, ask him for a staredown photo. That was gay of me, but he obliged and I am still shitting...it was last October.

I dont care what anyone says, getting a staredown pic with Wanderlei is legit! If i ever run into him i may steal that from you...and then go change my pants.

I did the fist pose once (felt like a douche right after, lol), because I was getting a picture with Bigfoot Silva, and his hands are fucking huge. When we shook hands, his hands engulfed mine.

I usually throw up a UG sign, but the fighters always do the fist pose. Phone Post

Blazing Knees -  I just let my massive bicep hang down low while I make the fighter do the fist pose...

Interesting pic. Seems to be some brokeback mountainess going on here?

Squared Circle - I did the fist pose when I got my picture taken with Rihanna. 

We laughed and laughed.  I did, anyway.

LoL Phone Post

man....mma fans are some fuckin dorks

Storkukidinmun - Holy fuckin shit, is that Diego??????

rofl

brahmabull81 - Its been a funny commentary in the mma community for a couple years now. It DOES look ridiculous and most DO think its retarded. But most also have no clue what to do when walking up to the fighter for a meet n greet and that probably ends up happening instinctually.

Ive never done it. I would hope i just smile or something.

LOL, I must be guilty of this. It just happens...When I first got into NHB/MMA I never knew what to say to fighters I met. I was always caught off guard. Fist pose was just there, nobody questions it. heck, most of the fighters just do it. It's routine, part of the culture, and only whiny internet geeks point it out , bitch about it, or try to make themselves feel better about their own lameness by ridiculing other people having a genuine good time.

I only became aware of the lameness after years of being on these boards and becoming jaded. Over the years I would switch off into "hang loose pose", just standing there plastered drunk. I met some of the fighters multiple times over the years and started getting creative like getting them to play out mini fight scenes or just kicking my ass.

I was going to start a thread w/ the pics of all the fighters I've met over the years. there will be fists poses aplenty !

I met Nate quary and Vitor belfort I think it was ufc 114? It was the first shogun machida fight. Anyway, Nate I just sai what's up to and my buddy took a pic with him. Nate no fists. Then we ran into vitor and his wife and he actually asked If i wanted a pic, obviously I said yeah and he put the fist up first. Then I put mine up and he actually grabed my arm and raised it higher. Phone Post

notice how 95% of these fans with the fist pose look like they have absolutely zero training and are not at least BLAF ?

not that you have to train to be an MMA fan...but holding the fist up when you don't train is just a little corny

- Papa Smurf