The Greatest Boxer In MMA History According To DC

Former UFC double champion and current fight analyst Daniel Cormier shared his thoughts on who is the greatest boxer in MMA history.

There has been much chatter lately about who the best boxer in the sport of MMA is. Max Holloway has said that it’s him, but we’ve also had Petr Yan saying that he is, and now we even have someone like Sean Woodson saying he’s one of the best boxers in the game. There are plenty of fighters in mixed martial arts who are sharp with their hands, but if you ask Cormier, there is one fighter who stands out above the rest when it comes to boxing.
“At No. 1, the greatest boxer in mixed martial arts history, and the greatest boxer to fight in the Octagon, is James Toney. James Toney may not have shown his ability in there but James Toney is No. 1 for me because guess what? Even though he got taken down and submitted by Randy (Couture), James Toney is the middleweight champ of the world. James Toney fought Bernard Hopkins, James Toney is one of the greatest boxers of all time. So Ryan, if we’re going to give Conor (McGregor) credit for fighting Floyd and being in a boxing match with one of the greatest of all time, then how can we omit James Toney who had an entire boxing career as one of the greatest we’ve ever seen?” Cormier said.

3 Likes

waits for Conor to get offend and make reference to his own wealth

I can’t take DC seriously since his little “best submission artists of all time” list.

2 Likes

ttt

4 Likes

I watched that fight at the theaters when they had them.Can’t remember the price,but I think it was $15.00 for MMA on gigantic screen.Alot less than PPV price.

Number 2 would be Ray Mercer.

1 Like

Ricardo Mayorga number 2. Ray number 3. Butterbean number 4

1 Like

He isn’t wrong if you’re just going by boxing accolades. I think when most fighters make that claim they’re talking about their ability to actually use their hands in MMA, though.

1 Like

I saw Toney get subbed live. First UFC Boston show. IRS took his check either right before or after the fight.

This stuff is clickbait dumb from DC.

He is either being facetious, completely disregarding the real topic or he is just not that smart.

The discussion of best MMA boxer ever should pertain to MMA fighters. Not an all-time boxer that had one 3 second fight.

I don’t think that’s the spirit of the discussion.

2 Likes

Ray Mercer did better

1 Like

Tyrone Spong

You’ve definitely got that backwards. Mercer, Olympic gold medallist, and did you not see what he did to Tommy Gunn?

BruisedCharmingAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted

Yeah but that was pre, pec implant Gunn.

1 Like

You beat me to the number 2. Yeah DC is technically right altho I’d go with someone who actually competed or maybe that’s a different pole. I think a lot of fighters had great boxing for mma and I’d put Arlovski Penn gsp and that Freddie roach jab, the stance and having to deal with takedowns makes it a different animal imo. Several have great boxing for mma but pure boxing he’s prob right altho I’d of went with someone who competed often or more than once at least.

1 Like