THE GREATEST EVER!

Frank Shamrock is good but he's also the most overrated fighter out there. He left at the perfect time, before he had to face the next generation of fighters. Nobody seems to look at him objectively. He beat Tito, Jeremy Horn, John Lober, Kevin Jackson and Zinoviev. Good fighters, but most of them one dimensional, inexperienced and none of them guys that would dominate in todays game. Tito had 5 fights (losing one to Guy), Lober was in the middle of a 0-4-1 streak when Frank beat the piss out of him and Jackson was a great wrestler but had only won 3 fights before that.
Couture has dominated at LHW but it's still a stretch to call him the best ever. If he gets a chance to fight Silva and beats him then he's a lock.
Both are Hall of Famers but I don't think Frank has done as much as people think. He looked great in beating guys that were not in his league but he left before guys that might actually compete with him came around at his weight.

i dunno theres a interview on mmaweekly with frank sayin he wants to fight, and he was very close to signing that multi fight deal with pride. The problem is if he hasnt got the hunger for it anymore then he will not be the legend he was. Might be best to let it lay

PHIL BARONI "I'm the greatest EVER!"

LMFAO

*screamed about 6 times while straddling the cage after a win I wasn't really that impressed with.

ttt

placebo, one of the things that makes frank such a legend is that AT HIS TIME he was head and shoulders above the rest.

You cant really argue either that he didnt fight tough competition, at the time he fought the best the UFC had to offer and won convincingly. If you look at his record he also shows wins over Enson Inoue, at K1 over elvis sinosic, vernon white, Funaki, suzuki, and the legend that is Bas Rutten

any other suggestions? anyone wanna argue the case for wes simms? :s

ttt

Frank was a better showman, but Randy had skill bottom line.

Plus it's easier to respect Randy as a person.

Couture....hahahahaha...I dont think so.

Chuck Norris was the greatest in the Octagon guys

Joe Son and the deadly art of JoeSonDo

Royce he started it all and it the best ever.Second is Couture and Hughes tie becuase of all they have accomplished.Frank is rourth on my list.

Vanderlei Silva, Fedor, Nog. I think one of the 3 will go down as the best ever when they retire.

Randy

"Plus it's easier to respect Randy as a person."

WOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH unless you have met him i dont think u can talk about him as a person

"Vanderlei Silva, Fedor, Nog. I think one of the 3 will go down as the best ever when they retire"

Bar vanderlei have the other two ever fought in the octagon? NOPE

Obviously Terrell, followed closely by Arlovski. With Vitor closing out the trinity.

Brad Kohler....

haha

wasnt frank vs elvis k-1?

silva may b the best. he wasnt dominNT IN THE UFCBUT hes the man in pride. much better than royce, better than frank. a complete fighter

" How is Silva a "complete fighter"?"

He's a killer on his feet; skilled enough on the ground that no one has ever put him in danger either by submission or GnP (and he has shown himself as a legit sub threat against Sak, Rampage, and Yoshida); is brutally strong; and has impeccable conditioning.