The kind of fans who can afford to attend live

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

That is a hefty increase indeed.

Would be very surprised if people paying that cash will be interested in the prelims. I imagine they will be busy eating caviar and and playing croquet before the main card starts.

I noticed the exact same thing when I was watching 299. That’s actually what got me to wondering about 300.

1 Like

I couldn’t believe it. I just didn’t understand that many casuals spent that kinda money to go to live UFC but it makes sense in 2024.

UFC does all those APEX shows and all the big shows outside the US… when UFC comes to your city or area, its a big deal now for some trying to be “trendy”.

Coming out of the hardcore era when there were all the small shows and UFC’s and we bought tickets for $30, $50, $100, $200… we just can’t relate to going to a fight for $1k and showing up halfway through the show.

1 Like

My man, I’m not saying every fight fan is a rich asshole. I wish I was a rich asshole. I am not. I live in the outside world where OG ego liars don’t exist in my life.

I have no kids, a bullshit job, and if I wanted a house I’d be living off dented tuna cans while going bankrupt. I grew up extremely blue collar. Having disposable income now doesn’t make me special or above and I definitely know a lot of fight fans are priced out no matter what!

It’s bullshit.

And my dick is only 10 inches because I had to get 2 inches removed. Supermodels kept saying it hurt.

Can’t win!

:rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t take your original post the way it came across in my response. I was being tongue in cheek, because we’re all kings with giant cocks on this forum. At least, that was my belief up until now. You let your cat out of the bag brother…. Never let your cat out of the bag. Put it back in there and we’ll pretend we never saw that.

1 Like

Trying to spin being a broke ass nigga into being “hardcore” is thick, solid and tight.

2 Likes

I tool my son and my dad to international fight week and we had a great time and the card was awesome but if I’m being honest it was stupid how much it cost. Flights, 2 rooms, 3 floor seats, and food and it was about 12 grand. That’s insane for any event in my opinion. That said, I may go to the show at the sphere.

1 Like

Last time UFC was in Toronto I noticed a huge increase. Nose bleeds were $400, floor was over a grand. Fuck that.

Just wait until Zuckerberg becomes the owner of UFC. HE’S buying it soon, I can sense that.

I should clarify that “shit job” is all relative. Mine is shit because I fucking hate it and the time I spend doing it :grinning:.

Peek-A-Boo Smh GIF by Carmen Monoxide

1 Like

I went to just about every UFC in Vegas from the early 30s through the early 100s. We typically paid $25-$30 for cheap seats. We would get there when the doors opened and head straight for the floor. We’d wander around and meet the guys on the card then sit down in the closest empty seats. Never had any issues. I miss those days but they are long gone. I regret all the time I spent putting up posters for every event all over town, was trying to help the sport grow…I liked it better before it grew.
One UFC every other month and one Pride every other month was fucking perfect in hindsight. You had one good card every month to get psyched about. I could afford to go now, but I have zero desire to do so, it’s different.

1 Like