The kind of fans who can afford to attend live

The kind of fans who can afford to attend live…are not generally the hardcores who once attended regular live events 10 to 15 years ago. It’s become a rich man’s game, while the hardcores sit home and stream the shit out of the UFC PPVs.

I will be interested to see if Dana was fully delusional when he said a couple of months ago that there would not be an empty seat in the arena from the very first prelim of UFC 300. While many of us will have assumed our positions in front of a big ass flatscreen prior to the opening bell for the Garbrandt vs Figueiredo fight kicking off the early pre-lims, I am guessing the lights over the crowd at the T-Mobile during the broadcast will be dimmed right down to hide all of those empty seats. What a shame to have such name value fighting in front of a near empty arena if that is the case.

I hope I’m wrong and the house is full of fans ready to blow the fucking roof off that building by 3 pm pst today, but I expect not. I think we’ll see a lot of empty ringside seats right up to around the Kattar vs Sterling fight. It’ll be interesting to see if all the name drawing power brings the fans through those the doors nice and early today. These early fights are worthy of a crowd’s roar!

Just Bleed Baby!

4 Likes

I think Bleeds Baby Running Two to Three Bills uppers. We will see but with the economy and everything rising , buying tix at these prices are for the Fertittas

1 Like

@Wayne_Glamcock they should dress up for UFC events like they do the horses

2 Likes

Ha! Imagine being seated behind a bunch of bitched in those big brimmed Kentucky Dirby hats?

Now in front of them on the other hand….

IMG_4876

2 Likes

Tickets have been pretty expensive since ufc 60 at staples. I started going in the 40s and there was a significant spije post TUF (ufc 52) and another when they opened up CA.

I dont remember the first pond show being as expensive as staples though

59 i believe and it wasnt near as bad

subjective , if u have the money and want to go , then go

1 Like

Sure, but in 2010 I attended two events, UFC 113 and 115, and sat right down near the cage for $600.00, and again at ufc 169 in 2014.

For this event…

That same seat has been priced at $6500.00 for this event (and others recently), and the worst nosebleeds available are $350.00 to $400.00. That is an exponential increase in ticket prices, with ticket prices increasing by 100% every year for 10 years straight.

The entire system with ticketmaster’s monopoloy in conjunction with their crooked system can suck my balls. Between the UFC and Ticketmaster, it is no longer viable for your average fan to attend live fights. It has become a once in a lifetime event for many… a bucket list item, just to have the experience.

2 Likes

I sat up front for Vitor/Chack and i remember it was reasonable back then

Of course. And that is a nice option to have… “if you have the money”. It’s the blue collar 9 to 5’er that has that line reversed engineered on them, if you want to go, but don’t have the money, then don’t go… and those are many of the original hardcores of the sport.

Some may remember a had thread I had last year when I tried purchasing tickets for my son as a grad gift, and the tick price increased on Tocketmaster’s site while I was in the middle of purchasing them… next thing my card had been processed for $12,000 for two tickets, lol! It took me three weeks of appeals before I could get my refund granted. That was in Vancouver… how the fuck could they even have tickets available online for $6K each for an event like that one? There was a $900.00 service charge on each ticket. WTF?

2 Likes

May I suggest an edit to the idea?

I can easily afford any event, but I chose not to pay those outrageous costs. I was at every local event 10-15 years ago.

I’d say the former hardcores that can afford to attend live exist; it’s the people that choose to actually attend live at these prices that are not great crowds and not the same as the hardcore fans.

Nowadays events have TV cameras.

1 Like

Ticketmaster is criminal. Like almost any business these days.

This level of peak capitalism is gross.

But then you have half of America applauding it as they shout from their trailers: “that’s capitalism buddy! Survival of the fittest! Free market! Don’t like it? Get out you commie!”

:rofl:

3 Likes

The UG/OG is an exclusive club consisting of many high-rollers with Platinum cards and 10 inch hogs. The outside world around us however, consists of a lot of tiny dicked men living under very different circumstances. Those men are fight fans too.

The cost of housing, gas, and food doesn’t leave a lot of excess cash for many to consider paying thousands of dollars to attend a live sporting event, even if they wanted to.

i remember

1 Like

How much are tickets these days?

Copying this from post up higher… I attended UFC 169 in 2014, 8 rows from the cage for $600.00… That same seat has been priced at $6500.00 for this event (and others recently), and the worst nosebleeds available are $350.00 to $400.00. That is an exponential increase in ticket prices, with ticket prices increasing by 100% every year for 10 years straight.

1 Like

Anyhow, I didn’t intend for this thread to be a bitch fest about UFC ticket prices, honestly. More-so, I’m just curious to see how long it will take those seats to get filled with all of the big fights on the early prelims that are bound to be missed by the majority.

I noticed it in Miami for 299, watching prelims form home I was like…wow those mid level seats are expensive as fuck and those people didn’t even show up for the main prelims. Must be just wealthy casual fans or something…

I can’t imagine buying a UFC ticket and not being there for the first fight, regardless of price.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how many empty seats there seem to be for the Fig vs Garbrandt fight.

Every hardcore fan will be seated already but you wonder how many wealthy casuals are gonna stroll in halfway through the show.