The MMA Super Athlete Has Arrived

jjj2121 -  ^^^^

You're going to bust his balls for a comment that you lead him into?  Neat.

And yes, the majority of grown men would beat up the majority of professional girl fighters.  It is ridiculous to say otherwise.  Have you seen Miesha Tate throw a punch?  She looks like a drunken brawler.  Add in the fact that she's around 5'6 and 135 pounds with far less strength than just about all males...she ain't whipping dudes asses.

I'm busting his balls for the same reason I'll bust yours now - By you and he thinking you're better fighters than professionals who have done nothing but train to fight, for years, male or female, or that "the majority" of untrained men are as well, you just reveal how little you know about fighting and how separated from real fight training you clearly are. 

I have seen Miesha throw punches, and shoot takedowns. And if she hit you on the jaw with one or got a hold of your legs, you'd get dropped or sent flying. 

Congratulations, you were born a man. And you were born larger. But you don't train like they do, you don't have the mental toughness they do, you don't have the skills they do and so I wouldn't put money on you to last 5 minutes against them.

Elias Cepeda - 
jjj2121 -  ^^^^

You're going to bust his balls for a comment that you lead him into?  Neat.

And yes, the majority of grown men would beat up the majority of professional girl fighters.  It is ridiculous to say otherwise.  Have you seen Miesha Tate throw a punch?  She looks like a drunken brawler.  Add in the fact that she's around 5'6 and 135 pounds with far less strength than just about all males...she ain't whipping dudes asses.

I'm busting his balls for the same reason I'll bust yours now - By you and he thinking you're better fighters than professionals who have done nothing but train to fight, for years, male or female, or that "the majority" of untrained men are as well, you just reveal how little you know about fighting and how separated from real fight training you clearly are. 

I have seen Miesha throw punches, and shoot takedowns. And if she hit you on the jaw with one or got a hold of your legs, you'd get dropped or sent flying. 

Congratulations, you were born a man. And you were born larger. But you don't train like they do, you don't have the mental toughness they do, you don't have the skills they do and so I wouldn't put money on you to last 5 minutes against them.

Nobody here is trying to brag about the ability to beat up women, that's absurd.  You brought it into the conversation unsolicited.  Miesha doesn't drop 135 lb girls with her punches, she's surely not dropping a 200+ lb man.  She'd get ragdolled and destroyed by the overwhelming majority of men in a streetfight environment.  I'm aware that this is not PC, but it is truth in my opinion.

Stupid topic to really go much more deeply into, so I'm going to stop here. 

SPIDERHLUK - also jj and kano would get the shit kicked out of them, and the "majority of men" literally can't fight as good as a fucking 13 year old with decent boxing. if you've wrestled in high school, gone to the gym for 3 months or so, and that's your experience, you're a little bitch in the fight game and they would brutalize you, and disagreeing just establishes you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I feel you, man.

jjj2121 - 
XxLiveBaitxX - 
jjj2121 - 
XxLiveBaitxX - 
Elias Cepeda - StrikeForce Rousey vs. Kaufman Aftermath: The MMA Super Athlete Has Arrived   

MMA fans have always wondered what would happen if the sport grew to the point where it could attract the types of elite athletes that have historically gone to, say, the NFL or the Olympics. Surely once that happened, we’d see a marked rise in athleticism and potential in the sport we all love.

Well, that new breed of elite MMA athlete has arrived. He isn’t the dominant and other worldly athletic Jon Jones. He isn’t the pound for pound great and all-around lethal weapon Georges St. Pierre. She’s Ronda Rousey.

The Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion successfully defended her title again Saturday night against Sarah Kaufman. In about the last year and half the Olympic Judo bronze medalist Rousey has had her first six professional fights, winning all six by arm bar in the first round.

Kaufman couldn’t last a minute in the cage with Rousey before being forced to tap out. The thing is, Kaufman is a damn good fighter. So is Miesha Tate, Rousey’s prior victim.

Kaufman is a former champion and has only lost twice in her career. Tate has only lost three times. Both women have almost three times the professional MMA experience as Rousey.

“Rowdy” Ronda isn’t perfectly well-rounded yet. She hasn’t been tested in a fight yet and she simply hasn’t fought nearly as much as the women she faces. But she’s been able to dominate them all because she brings a lifetime of doing a couple things at a higher level than even most MMA champions have ever done anything.

READ MORE

Winning 9 fights the same way each time does not make you super-athletic.

Ronda will always be a pure martial artist more over cage fighter or super athlete.

This is a disappointing thread for a red namer to start.

Wait until she fights someone with a great muay thai and tdd.

My friend, the train will be decommissioned, sadly by a woman far less attractive.

Where is this mythical female with "great" muay thai and tdd?  She does not exist.

I'm not sure where the fighter is, but it's going to take those skills in a fighter to push Ronda and prove to the OP just how "super" athletic she really is.

I like Ronda alot, but to say she's "super" athletic is premature at this point since she hasn't been pushed back.

My target point is she falls under the category of "martial artist" and not "super athlete" since she relies so heavily on her technique.

Same category with Lyoto Machida who relies heavily on his technique.

She is an Olympic medalist in a combat sport.  That alone makes her a super-athlete.  She is competing against girls who are either not athletes or who competed at a very low level athletically.

You do not need to be a "super athlete" to be in the olympics friend.

Ronda is a "martial artist", what part of that statement are you disagreeing with?

Jon Jones is a super athlete
GSP is a super athlete
Lyoto Machida is a martial artist
Wanderlei is a cage fighter
Shogun is a cage fighter
Ronda is a martial artist.

DeusEx - WTF does that have to do with anything?

A bronze Medalist isn't MMA's super athlete when we have already seen a gold medalist of judo in MMA.....or countless of other #1 guys in other combat sports...hell we never seen the #1 guy in strongman in MMA

"hell we never seen the #1 guy in strongman in MMA"

Marius Pudzianowski (not current WSM but he was for 5 years).

Cindy

CindyO - 
DeusEx - WTF does that have to do with anything?

A bronze Medalist isn't MMA's super athlete when we have already seen a gold medalist of judo in MMA.....or countless of other #1 guys in other combat sports...hell we never seen the #1 guy in strongman in MMA

"hell we never seen the #1 guy in strongman in MMA"

Marius Pudzianowski (not current WSM but he was for 5 years).

Cindy

I don't always use strong man competition references in my UG posts but when I do, my references come from CindyO:)

By the way, I was just on SiriusXM's Fight Club radio show now talking about the article. Thanks to them for having me on!

jjj2121 - 
DanChow - Our friend Mike Chiappetta wrote this weekend that she has the best killer instinct in all of MMA. It’s hard to argue with him.

I like Mike, but I think that's a ridiculous statement.  Fact of the matter is that she's an Olympic level athlete competing against non-athletes and high school level athletes.  Sarah Kaufman has no athletic background that I am aware of.  Miesha Tate wrestled at the high school level.  Rousey is exposing the fact that WMMA is not very good talent wise.  She is by far the best in the world and she has achieved that status with minimal cage time, ZERO striking and 1 fucking move that she lands pretty much whenever she wants.  Only Tate made it out of the first minute with her and even she had to escape a fully locked in armbar to do so.

Ronda Rousey teaches us that WMMA is really bad talent wise.