1 Like

TJ Grant

Paul Sass

Antonio Schembri . Knocked out sak with soccer kicks / bitch slaps . Goat

1 Like

Ron “h20” waterman ??

Lol @ any version of Gegard making 170

1 Like

Did he not win the dream 170 in tourney or was that 185 ? When he knocked out jacare with the up kick ? Nvm of course it was 185 jacare would never make 170 .

1 Like

Even at a catxhweight he would kill usman . I bet they’re not far off walking around

1 Like

Genki Sudo. His stint in the UFC seemed bizarrely short considering how obviously talented he was.

Mark Weir
And Ian The machine Freeman

Phil Miller ? Retired at 16-0. He was a dog

Rani Yahya

1 Like

Genki

1 Like
1 Like

Funny people mention Genki and no one else says Aoki. Just look at their records and compare. Genki is a bit unique as he was famous for much of his non-fighting antics and out of ring activities which as much as I was a fan of, made him very famous thus you could argue he was more over rated than under rated.

He doesn’t have the greatest record….now he didn’t have a long career as he focused on others things like this dance group which as cool as it was, doesn’t make him a better fighter than he was. He was absolutley talented but he never tapped Hansen with a gogo, didn’t leg lock Alvarez off a mount transition, didnt tap Kawajiri, didn’t beat JZ when he was I think ranked #1 or up there and was never ranked high accordingly. Then there was Aoki who was actually ranked #1 after he beat JZ IIRC but never got the respect from fans…see OP as an example.

That is the very text book case of under rated.

1 Like

I believe Aoki’s gogo on Hansen was the first top 5 fighter who was gogo’d which preceded Diaz’s on Gomi.

Submits Kawajiri off of the first TD and grappling sequence with a leg lock.

Handles JZ when I think JZ was ranked #1 or close to it.

Most importantly, in each one of those fights, they said Aoki would get killed but ended up tapping em or dominating. That again is the very definition of under rated.

To add….when he faced top Brazilian BJJ guys like Shaolin or Aurelio, they said he was finally gonna meet his match and he dominated both of them.

He also beat Akira Kikuchi at WW twice who was a few fights removed from a win over Jake Shields. Kikuchi was the last guy to beat Shields before GSP.

Don’t think you knew or considered any of that did you OP? Just that he had shitty striking so can’t be under rated….

1 Like