The MW division is becoming absurd

Okay.....First, Bisping is put on a 6 month medical suspension due to the broken bone(s) around his eye from Hendo's Hbombs. Okay fine, that's fighting - can't help that.

Then Dana publicly states Romero gets the next title shot. Previously, Romero received a narrow split decision W over Souza 12/2015, but then got USADA'd for an OOC drug test just one month later. He served a 6 month suspension. However, since it was an OOC test and after the fight (barely - and like he wasn't taking it during, lol), the win over Souza was not overturned.

Meanwhile, Souza has won 10 of his last 11 - the only loss being the split decision L to Romero who tested positive not long after the fight. Souza not only receives no title shot, but in addition to some impressive wins, he is also occasionally matched up against guys who will never sniff the Top 10 (?!?!?) and/or have been booted out of the UFC entirely.

Rockhold & Weidman = In the mix (sort of)

Mousasi puts together an impressive 4 fight win streak (and 6 of 7), including 3 straight finishes. Guess they're going to give him Weidman next, who has lost 2 straight.

Now there is talk of Anderson being back in contention, especially if he wins 1 more fight.

Then there are rumors GSP is going to come out and fight Bisping for the MW strap.

But hold up - then there are rumors GSP is going to fight Conor at 155 instead. The MW thing may still happen, or happen later, or not at all. Hell, we don't even know for sure GSP is fighting at all, at this point.

Anyone else confused about what the hell is going on w/ this division? Or does someone have some clear answers as to exactly who Bisping is going to fight next and who will then be the likely challenger for the next MW title fight after that?

Bisping is really hoping he gets the gsp fight

Of course GSP is fighting, he just signed a new contract. We just don't know who yet. But yes, the middleweight division is messy for sure.........poor Jacaré.

i thought jac beat romero

ranier wolfcastle - 

Nope, Romero won the split decision and then popped hot 1 month later. It was a joke. But probably is what is costing Jac a title shot at this time.

Bisping got his legends fight with Hendo, time to fight a top contender [Jacare, Romero]. Nothing else makes sense. Let GSP fight Conor, it's clear Conor wont fight Kabib or Fergurson.

Don't forget they just signed David Branch also. I'm not saying he is top 5 guy but sure top 15. That weight division is stacked right now, it's crazy.

U think andy is back in title contention with one more win? Whoa

Erik Apple - U think andy is back in title contention with one more win? Whoa

Hell no I don't. I'm not even sure he really won his last fight. And even if he did, it was his first win in 4 1/2 years.

I'm just mentioning what Rogan was saying about him getting back into title contention w/ a win or two. They had him ranked #7 before this last win.

And you just know they would do anything to get The Spider back in a title fight because it would mean big time interest and PPVs. Even though, at this stage of his career, he would get mauled by the top tier guys, IMO.

Maia been doing good too.

Don't forget Mousasi

"but then got USADA'd for an OOC drug test just one month later. He served a 6 month suspension. However, since it was an OOC test and after the fight (barely - and like he wasn't taking it during, lol), the win over Souza was not overturned."

If he was using them during the fight, then why didn't he test positive during the fight? Obviously they're not undetectable. Way to completely leave out the part where he was proven to have ingested the substance through tainted, over the counter supplements, PROVEN.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - "but then got USADA'd for an OOC drug test just one month later. He served a 6 month suspension. However, since it was an OOC test and after the fight (barely - and like he wasn't taking it during, lol), the win over Souza was not overturned."

If he was using them during the fight, then why didn't he test positive during the fight? Obviously they're not undetectable. Way to completely leave out the part where he was proven to have ingested the substance through tainted, over the counter supplements, PROVEN.

What do you want me to say? The facts are that "USADA revealed that Romero tested positive for ibutamoren, a growth hormone release stimulator." He received a 6 MONTH SUSPENSION.

There is no great mystery or magic here. He got caught by USADA using a banned substance and was suspended from the sport for half a year. Period.

And he was proven to not be complicit, which is why he got 6 months, instead of two years. Which is not a minor detail, when trying to claim his win should stripped.

Thingading -
ranier wolfcastle - 

Nope, Romero won the split decision and then popped hot 1 month later. It was a joke. But probably is what is costing Jac a title shot at this time.
He did, jac won rounds 2 and 3 pretty convincingly after getting dropped in the first with a hard spinning backfist and some decent ground and pound from SOG.

The judges got that wrong as usual.

wow that's a list of killers!

There is no easy fight for Bisping whoever he takes on.

OP mentions Mousasi fighting Weidman like it's a step down for Gegard. Weidman was the champ just two fights ago. This is Mousasi's biggest fight in the UFC to date.

Good thread. Thanks for the cliffnotes.