Photobucket

Photobucket

He's not too bad on the ground either

Photobucket

SwishaSlim -  

Do you have a point?

I wouldn't bet against him against anybody. Including Fedor...

while I think Overeem is as dangerous a striker in MMA as we have in the HW division, I find it strange that you would post this the night after he loses.

I'm sorry, did he beat Semmy and I missed it?

Let's see how he handles Remy before we proclaim him the #1 striker.

Somebody needs to convince Remy he has a chance in an MMA match against Overeem, just for sh*ts and giggles.

Correction, just saw the results, guesswe know how he handled Remy.

homegrowncone - Somebody needs to convince Remy he has a chance in an MMA match against Overeem, just for sh*ts and giggles.

Omfg that would be hilarious but i doubt remy is that stupid

Linger Longer -  Correction, just saw the results, guesswe know how he handled Remy.

you should watch the fight before you comment

There is no way to score the fight for Overeem the best you can give him is a draw.

End of the day an injured Remy that couldnt kick beat Overeem using his hands, the worst part of his game.  Aerts would smash Overeem as would Semmy, Feitosa would beat him again, Sefo would prob KO him, etc.

EckY -  There is no way to score the fight for Overeem the best you can give him is a draw.

End of the day an injured Remy that couldnt kick beat Overeem using his hands, the worst part of his game.  Aerts would smash Overeem as would Semmy, Feitosa would beat him again, Sefo would prob KO him, etc.

Do you really believe this or are you just looking for attention at the cost of the forum thinking you are stupid?

EckY -  There is no way to score the fight for Overeem the best you can give him is a draw.

KO'ing Badr Hari means nothing?

Ughh...

nyhcloyalty - 

KO'ing Badr Hari means nothing?

Ughh...

It means something but its not as impressive as people make out considering Badr fought 3 times in one night 2 weeks before, getting dropped heavily twice in the process.  Overeem himself says Badr shouldnt have taken the fight as he couldnt have been in his best condition.  A rematch would look  very different.

People forget Alistair started out in Muay Thai and trains with Saki, Zimmerman and Schilt on a daily basis.  He might not have the K-1 experience but he has plenty striking experience and he has the tools to adapt to K-1, once he cleans up his style and stops the throws and clinching.

There are a number of guys in K-1 I would pick to beat Overeem, the Aerts that beat Zimmerman the other night would murder him imo.

Kharitonov will be fighting in K-1 rules this year too.

Just watched th fight. 

I have to admit that Overeem was winning the fight handily til the knockdown in the third round.  He looked incredibly strong and dominated the pace of the fight with no signs of gassing whatsoever.

That being said, Remy did not look to be in his top form either, as his kicks and knees usually make up the majority of his attacks, and he seemed to use his hands alot more as per the post by Ecky.  Not sure if he was injured or whatever, but I was not impressed with 2 1/2 rounds of his performance. 

The strength difference was glaring as Overeem basically ragdolled Remy to the ground at will.  He is without a doubt a formidable opponent in MMA or K-1, but I still have to say that I don't believe he could handle a striker who is of equal strength or greater ie. Semmy Schilt, or LeBanner as this was an obvious advantage against both Hari and Bonjasky.

I must say that Trollsmasher's thread title looks more plausible after having seen the fight. 

I look forward to Alistair fighting again soon without a doubt.

I scored it 29-28 Remy.

I had the first round 10-10, 2nd round 10-9 Overeem and the 3rd 10-8 Remy.

Also Remy was injured, he partially tore his meniscus 2 days before the fight.

Linger Longer -  Just watched th fight. 

I have to admit that Overeem was winning the fight handily til the knockdown in the third round.  He looked incredibly strong and dominated the pace of the fight with no signs of gassing whatsoever.

That being said, Remy did not look to be in his top form either, as his kicks and knees usually make up the majority of his attacks, and he seemed to use his hands alot more as per the post by Ecky.  Not sure if he was injured or whatever, but I was not impressed with 2 1/2 rounds of his performance. 

The strength difference was glaring as Overeem basically ragdolled Remy to the ground at will.  He is without a doubt a formidable opponent in MMA or K-1, but I still have to say that I don't believe he could handle a striker who is of equal strength or greater ie. Semmy Schilt, or LeBanner as this was an obvious advantage against both Hari and Bonjasky.

I must say that Trollsmasher's thread title looks more plausible after having seen the fight. 

I look forward to Alistair fighting again soon without a doubt.

thank you