The next evolution in takedown defense

In folkstyle wresting, its called a elevator.  Been around for a while

TOWE -
Herring In A Fur Coat - That last gif is beatiful. Gotta love the Diego flying knee, just like the Riggs fight!

I was cageside for that one, that knee was VICIOUS!

It's amazing how the whole world revolves around Towe...

Sumi geashi is the correct name for the throw. Corner reversal or the elevator as already stated by Idio and dawley.

Just because it's not new doesn't mean it's not the "next evolution". In fighting in particular, there's nothing new under the sun. MMA evolves by discarding Old Technique A in favor of Old Technique B.

Call it sumi gaeshi or the elevator or whatever else, it adds a fine spice to a fight. ttmft for more sacrifice throws in MMA!

And in any event, I approve of Diego getting ditched on his head. I really don't like him as a person. People with his attitude deserve bulging non-cancerous phallic shaped facial tumors. Somewhere in an attic there's a portrait of him growing more humble, lovable, and Christian.

As a fighter however, his progress is amazing and undeniable. He's rapidly proving his status as a wunderkind, like some kinda GSP sans charm and humility, and I fully expect him to pull off a kamehameha in his next fight. Life is full of surprises.

Did anybody else wish that Mario Yamasaki was the ref so that Mario could save Luigi at the end of the fight?? No??

awesome lhk to flying knee

great fight....and yes the monkey flip was sweet

John Clarke - DUMBASS. THATS BEEN AROUND FOREVER IN WRESTLING AND BJJ.

it ok to rename moves and i like the butter bean mo better.

its called Sambo!