The odds of a Khabib vs Tony fight happening

BJ Penn Forever - There it is.

Khabib vs Tony should be announced later this month. Both men want this fight. Two of the greatest undefeated streaks in UFC history.

5th time is the charm.

I think Tony has had the luckiest streak we’ve ever seen. Lando rocked him multiple times. Barbosa was fucking him up. Pretty Tony dropped him. Cowboy did damage. Sure, he ended up winning all of those fights, but he was also losing/or close to being finished at some point. I think Khabib easily beats Ferguson after seeing what he did to Poirier. Truthfully, I’m not a fan of either guy. But I really don’t like Ferguson. 

Tony wants the fight Dec 14th, UFC 245. That PPV already has the Max and Nunes title fights on it. I figure UFC and Khabib will want the fight in Jan/Feb.

ConorWinsTheRematch -

“YIKES. Yeeah, those questions are boring as fuck. The “answers” to those questions will be boring as fuck. Just go watch the Castillo fight. Khabib will dry hump Tony much worse then that. You must be a newb, because Khabib has never been known for having exciting fights. The most exciting thing Khabib has ever done in the cage, is jump out of it. People still don’t even know his name lulz. They just know him as that crazy muslim terrorist, who Conor fought, who committed criminal acts after the fight. Your day is coming soon enough. I promise you Conor now knows Khabib’s entire game better then Khabib himself knows it. Conor will know what Khabib is thinking, what he will do, and when. Ever since the loss Conor has been doing nothing but studying Khabib. Conor is going to make Khabib look like a punching bag in the rematch. This i Promise you.”

God damn you are delusional as fuck regarding Conor.

Gotta give him credit for talking his way into big money, but he is not even a has been, he is a never was outside of the midget division.

I would bet my house he wouldn’t beat Khabib not even one out of ten times.

This is my promise to you…Conor will NEVER beat the Eagle.

Not even on a fluke. It’s simply not possible.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/ufc-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson-faceoff-video-history

The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale, Dec. 11, 2015 – Nurmagomedov, seemingly on the cusp of a title shot, is forced to withdraw roughly six weeks away from the fight after breaking a rib.

UFC on FOX 19, April 16, 2016 – Ferguson withdraws this time. It happens 11 days out after a doctor won't clear him to fight with fluid/blood in his lung.

UFC 209, March 4, 2017 – Nurmagomedov is hospitalized on weigh-in day because of his weight cut and is ruled out of the scheduled interim lightweight title fight.

UFC 223, April 7, 2018 – Just six days from the fight, on April Fool's Day no less, it's revealed that Ferguson blew out his knee tripping over a cable wire ... seriously. Ferguson, then interim champ, and Nurmagomedov were set to fight for the undisputed title being held hostage by Conor McGregor. Max Holloway was to step in for Ferguson, but he withdrew because of a bad weight cut. Ultimately, Nurmagomedov fought and defeated Al Iaquinta to become champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqI2a33yyKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFIX7lWDPIY

Maybe Khabib vs Tony is the 3rd title fight Dana is hinting at for 245. Was thinking they would do it in Jan or Feb but maybe not.

Tony Ferguson ? @TonyFergusonXT

Pretty Sure We Can Make Some Room For Good Ol'Fathead @TeamKhabib # TeamTiramisuTakeover @ufc @danawhite Make It Happen #DefendorVacate #Accepted @BallengeeGroup Dec 14 -Champ Shit Only

Khabib saying he will most likely fight two to three more years.

Looks like he will be having more than two fights, great to hear.

Will be great when it happens.

Jesus, there are so many great fighters right now. The talent is just incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRa9vqRSKkI

It's happening. On the grand stage this time. For the title, like it was always meant to be. Everything happens for a reason, and this is the stage this fight always deserved. For all the marbles and accolades, for the throne at 155lb. My mind is ready. My body is ready. I am naked. 

ggh - 

greatest fight in ufc history ?

Yes.

It was good that it didn’t happen before, now the stage is set where they will get paid properly and it will be respected for being the best Lightweight title fight of all time, which is of course the greatest fight in UFC history because Lightweight is historically the best division in MMA history.

1 Like

Six months after the thread was created and another win for each man and the fight is now a go. The fight was announced yesterday.

Now each man has to get through camp, fight week and the weigh-ins.

Winning has always been the easy part, its the camp, fight week and weigh-ins that has been the problem four times for these guys and they got another camp to get through now.

The fight is still around 140 days away. That is a lot of time to get injured.

BJ Penn Forever -

Six months after the thread was created and another win for each man and the fight is now a go. The fight was announced yesterday.

Now each man has to get through camp, fight week and the weigh-ins.

Winning has always been the easy part, its the camp, fight week and weigh-ins that has been the problem four times for these guys and they got another camp to get through now.

The fight is still around 140 days away. That is a lot of time to get injured.

not to mention weight cut considering how strict NY is. 

Tony at -165 here was Gaethje.

Will be crazy if Gaethje plays spoiler to Tony Khabib on short notice after all this buildup.

At this stage i'd say zero.

BJ Penn Forever - Tony at -165 here was Gaethje.

Will be crazy if Gaethje plays spoiler to Tony Khabib on short notice after all this buildup.

if he does, could see Tony get a title shot after a single win and he could be co-main on the Justin/Khabib card in case someone falls out.

the odds ain't much!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
BJ Penn Forever - Tony at -165 here was Gaethje.

if he does, could see Tony get a title shot after a single win and he could be co-main on the Justin/Khabib card in case someone falls out.

Yep he could.

If Gaethje wins then I’d hope we see Geathje vs Khabib in Sep/Oct and Tony vs Conor for the next title shot.