the problem with penalizing the guard pull

Also, once the fight hits the ground with one guy ahead on points, there will be less action, as the top guy only has to survive in order to win. Meanwhile, Schaub's Law dictates that the onus is on the top player to push the action, as the guard doesn't really work vs. someone not willing to engage it.

I don't understand why the onus should be on the top player? Explain.

Kneeblock - 

From a spectator perspective, I hate watching BJJers jockey for takedowns, but from a martial arts perspective, if BJJers are sucking at the stand up, there's a fatal flaw in our art. The last generation that included Roger, Jacare, Xande and Marcelo made judo and wrestling a major part of their game and they managed to have exciting matches.
I think rather than penalizing the pull, the solution is to make takedowns count for more points. If there's such a high degree of difficulty in hitting them, they should give you as many points as getting the mount. Allow pulling, but know one TD could completely change the outcome of the match. That rule change would attract more wrestlers and judoka. Phone Post

Ehmm.... Awarding more points for a takedown would only make competitors want to pull guard even more.