The road to UFC 300

Per Chandler they are still fighting.

Per Gaethje he thinks he should get a title shot now but he is prepared to wait for the Makhachev vs Oliveira winner if need be.

Conor don’t want to deal with Gaethje’s leg kicks and cardio. Gaethje would break him.

So Conor has said he wants to come back for 300… and Dana is over here pretending Conor has to be tested for six months even though USADA is going away and will stop being a thing in the UFC in Jan?

Has to be a little more to the story but Dana loves making short statements to the media that don’t cover the whole issue.

Saw Dana said to a reporter from the Sun in a link posted in another thread that Conor has to be in some drug testing pool for six months despite USADA going away in Jan so their “pool” means nothing yet Dana says Conor can’t realistically return until the summer. Funny enough last summer Dana was saying he thought Conor would return by the end of 2023.

Basically with the new testing they will introduce once they get rid of USADA they have no idea when he is gonna be able to stop pissing hot for this and that.

So it don’t sound like Conor can be back by 300, don’t sound like Adesanya will return in 2024 though he could and Jones won’t be healthy by then most likely.

This is what 100 looked like.

UFC 100 Quick Results

If i recall Conor entered the USADA 6 month protocol so he would be cleared by 300 so unless he gets hurt, he’s headlining 300

USADA won’t be working with the UFC as of Jan and who knows the protocol of their new testing program but Dana just said yesterday Conor won’t be returning until next summer.

2 Likes

Conor vs Gaethje BMF is so obvious
Colby vs Islam 170 lb title
O’Malley vs Cejudo
Some gay slap fight
Khamzat vs Paul Craig
Manel Kape vs Cody Garbrandt

Gane vs Volkov headline the prelims

1 Like

I would be happy with that

Unless you are say O’Malley or Strickland and get to headline your own PPV…everyone wants to be on 300.

Honestly DP being on it makes a lot of sense, he’s a star without a belt. Could easily have him the third fight down, maybe vs Colby if he misses gold again.

Doubt that is a fight Dustin is interested in but you never know. Dustin is gonna want to stay at LW.

1 Like

Oh there’s no way Dustin takes that fight, big risk low reward. Unless Colby finally cuts down. It’d be cool if 300 was the event to finally launch a 165 weight class, have Leon “defend” the 175 belt on it too.

I’m just dreaming, wish the UFC felt like a big international event like ONE has lately but it’s gotten so sterile. Instead of that interim garbage Aspinall/Sergei could have been for the Eurasian HW championship or something cool, instead we got another stupid interim belt and the division is technically held up again. Could see cool matchups like Craig/Vettori European championship etc that would normally just feel like ok fight night main events. It could make an event like 300 feel epic, instead we’ll probably get 2 title fights, a chick fight, and 2 contender matchups.

2 Likes

Tsarukyan of course said he wants on that 300 card.

They could do a couple of UFC title fights and do Aspinall defending his interim title three fights down the card vs Almeida since the promotion is dead set on keeping this Jones Stipe fight together.

1 Like

Fitch was a great headliner for such a historic card :clap:

1 Like

Yeah, they didn’t air that on the PPV broadcast, right? Just had it as a postlim due to broadcasting and time issues I think.

Its kinda funny Shannon Gugerty got to fight on 100 and Enrique Marin got to fight at 200. Just really obscure and unheralded fighters compared to everyone else on those cards.

Fitch vs Paulo Thiago is as a fight what Shannon Gugerty is as a fighter when you look at 100.

1 Like

F-it, 6 fight main card, all 5 rounders:

Conor vs Chandler
GSP vs Nick Diaz II
Ronda vs Tate III
Izzy vs Alex at 205
Colby (if he wins) vs Islam
Aspinall vs Wilder (If wilder wins scrap stipe idea and do Wilder vs Jones, but aspinall wins)

I’d actually give TKO my money and buy that card

jones v stipe
islam v olive
grasso v valentina
dp vs tsarukyan
t city v lopes

Glad to hear Dana say Jim MIller will be on 300. Also said 300 will be stacked so lets see.

299 is a really good looking card by modern PPV standards.

300 is the first UFC of April and March is going to be busy on the way to 300. There are 4 Fights Nights that month plus the stacked 299 card.

It will be interesting to see what PFLlator and ONE try to do in March and April.
UFC 299 Quick Card