The road to UFC 300

Adesanya was saying before the Strickland fight that he wanted to fight at 300.

Volkanovski just came out and said he would love to rematch Makhachev at 300. Said he wants to defend the FW title first and he knows Makhachev has to beat Oliveira again for that to happen as well.

Jim Miller of course said he wants to fight at 300 and then retire.

Of course UFC has 600+ fighters signed on a given day and thousands of fighters would like to fight at 300 so it will be interesting to see what materializes for the actual card.

294 is in Oct and then 295 is Nov so UFC 300 should happen in April unless UFC doubles up and does two PPV’s in a month before then.

These days they do 13 PPV’s a year, in 2022 they did two in July and in 2021 they did two in March.

I’d love to see them do 20 fights for the 300 card or do the usual 12-15 fights for 300 but do a Fight Night filled with popular vets and legends the night before 300.

Anyway, everyone will want to fight at 300 so hopefully its one of the most stacked cards in UFC history.

200 featured 11 UFC champs.
UFC 200 Quick Results

1 Like

100 is still one of the greatest cards of all time. 200 sucked but that’s became JBJ and Conman both fucked it up

They better stack 300 like crazy

My prediction for the main event and Comain event:

Izzy v. the winner of Stickland v. DDP

Islam v. Volk 2

I personally believe Covington will be champ by then. If for some reason one of those above fights can’t happen I could see them putting Colby b. someone for the WW championship

And of course they’ll put a WMMA championship fight as well on it

We are still likely seven months away from the event so I won’t try to predict fights as a lot of upsets and injuries can happen in seven months.

Will be interesting what they are able to put together with everyone and their brother wanting to be on that card.

I can’t believe 200 was eight years ago.

2 Likes

UFC still needs to announce two more main card fights for the 30th anniversary show and that thing is two months away.

They also have not announced a date yet for the Dec PPV.
UFC 295 Quick Card

Jones almost has to headline (if he beats Stipe). He was on 100 as a newcomer. To still be on top 15 years later makes him the ideal choice.

Islam-Volk 2 co main

Bo Nickal opens the main card against his first true competition

Jim Miller featured prelim

1 Like

Comoon dude, while UFC 100 was on you we’re playin’ cornhole with your nerd friend. Like you still are. :joy:

1 Like

That messed my head up

1 Like

Is it likely UFC headlines UFC 300 with Conor vs Chandler and they leave the title fights for 299 and 301?

Conor and Chandler saying now the fight is happening. Six months away still so it would be enough time for USADA.

Chandler saying he has heard nothing of a date but would not be surprised if that is when it is, 300.

It makes sense. Conor can still outsell any champs and make 300 huge with casuals plus good title fights on 299 and 301 can do their own thing for profits independent of Conor. Plus UFC could still stack 300 with solid fights for such a big show.

It would be so cool if Jim Miller gets on that card. Fighting on the ufc 100, 200, and 300 cards is nuts.

I’d really like to see 300 get stacked and Miller vs Brown at WW would be a great way to start the card. Both fighters have said thats the fight they want and they want on 300.

I watched 100 live with a group of about a dozen friends. We were in high school at the time

So even when I was in HS as a Teen I had more money than all you loser adults on the UG who can’t afford a UFC ppv

You mean you were always bad with money. Aren’t you the guy who says he has to work all this OT and can’t find time to train etc?

Comoon dude, that’s not fair. He was able to pay $5 for the UFC 100.

1 Like

From ufc 100-200 I actually had friends that were addicted to the sport. We would talk for hours about upcoming fight cards and matchups. Now they don’t even know who the top 5 guys are in the divisions.

1 Like

Could see
Conor vs Chandler as main
then 2 or 3 title fights below it
One would likely be Valentina rematch as they will have a WMMA title on there
Like other said Bo being opener of main card is possibility as well

Maybe
Conor vs Chandler
Jones vs Pavlovich or Aspinall
Izzy vs Sean
Valentina vs Grasso
Bo vs TBD

Doubt we are that lucky but would be a badass card if they could pull it off.

O’Malley recently mentioned wanting to be on a card with Conor. When asked about the possibility, Dana pretty much said no big names will be on Conor’s cards because Conor gets paid too much. If he ends up on UFC 300, we’re looking at an average card at best.

UFC is so careful these days about not stacking single cards too much I’m just not sure how crazy they are gonna go with 300. They stacked 200 to the point I think Mousasi vs Thiago Santos was like the 2nd fight of the night but I just don’t know if they will stack this one that much. Just don’t think Conor will likely want to allow anyone to share PPV points on his card unless its someone like Jones who can bring value and increase the PPV revenue.

Miller vs Gomi opened 200 and then Mousasi vs Santos was the 2nd fight. Gastelum vs Hendricks was the co-main of the prelims and then Zingano vs Pena headlined the prelims. Cain vs Browne opened the PPV and then came the Aldo, Anderson and Brock fights before the main event that was supposed to be a Jones fight. Thats how stacked I’d like to see 300 but I just don’t know if UFC is gonna book that much big name talent for a single card in this era like that. Time will tell.

I’d prefer to see Conor have his card be 299 or 301 and then see three champs defend titles at 300 and then have top 10 fighters in good fights on the PPV and legends fights like Miller vs Brown as the early prelims.

Doing 16-18 fights for 300 would be great too and have Miller vs Brown kick things off in the first fight and go from there.

2 Likes

Conor is saying UFC wants him for April so that would indicate he will headline 300.

I just hope 300 looks more like 200 and is filled with stars and less like the 30th anniversary card that is really barren outside the two title fights.

1 Like

UFC 300 will be headlined by Conor vs Gaethje for the BMF belt, it’s all but guaranteed.

1 Like