The Sonnen Reality

To show he deserves another shot he needs to get past Paul Harris or Maia or an elite BJJ'er so that fans won't work on the assumption he will be inevitably tapping furiously before the end of the fight.....

True or False

False.

Sonnen Vs. Silva II = profit.

Clarence Parents - False.

Sonnen Vs. Silva II = profit.

Yup 100 % agree on this basis and would watch!.........BUT if we are talking earning your spurs, I can't help but think he needs to show just once he can pound someone without ending up losing blood supply to his neck or having an important limb contorted the wrong way

Seems many level headed fans agree:

Sonnen has not "earned" another title shot yet.

Sonnen vs. Anderson would be AWESOME and we would all tune in no doubt!

If only the Sonnenite trolls could see the difference between those two things.

He was granted a rematch immediately after the first fight. Even with that, he just walked through Brian Stann. He went almost 5 rounds on top of Anderson without getting subbed and only got subbed because he got complacent and rested in Silva's guard right at the end. Who else deserves a shot more than Chael? What does Anderson do while waiting if (they won't) the UFC idiotically made Chael fight someone else first? Phone Post

SamboSlim187 -  He was granted a rematch immediately after the first fight. Even with that, he just walked through Brian Stann. He went almost 5 rounds on top of Anderson without getting subbed and only got subbed because he got complacent and rested in Silva's guard right at the end. Who else deserves a shot more than Chael? What does Anderson do while waiting if (they won't) the UFC idiotically made Chael fight someone else first? Phone Post

Yeah that's it...he just got lazy in Anderson's guard....any white belt could have set that up with perfect strikes and wrist control.... 

SamboSlim187 -  He was granted a rematch immediately after the first fight. Even with that, he just walked through Brian Stann. He went almost 5 rounds on top of Anderson without getting subbed and only got subbed because he got complacent and rested in Silva's guard right at the end. Who else deserves a shot more than Chael? What does Anderson do while waiting if (they won't) the UFC idiotically made Chael fight someone else first? Phone Post

Complacent and tired are two very different things. I think you underestimate how difficult it is to maintain Chael's style for 5 rounds against a great BJJ'er when very tired.

I should point out that in 'reality' again. Maia finished stronger than Chael did in his fight.....therefore does he stand a better chance of finishing Silva? This is of course a troll statement.....but it has an element of truth which is what makes it so hard not to take the bait....

you can debate if he has "earned" a rematch all you want. But the fact is this is a business. This s the most interesting fight out there.

Plus they need to fight to get it over with. There is too big of a question mark.

I bet him and Anderson play xbox live together and chat about how they are going to make so much money on the rematch.

Ghost of Retard -  I bet him and Anderson play xbox live together and chat about how they are going to make so much money on the rematch.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised...

and i think its time that Silva gets his well deserved title shot at the People's MW Championship. After getting beat up by the gangster from West Linn, Oregon, he KO'd Vee-tore and impressively outclassed Yushin Okaroke (spelling?)

Anyways, am i trolling correctly?

Steroids make clubfighters like fael appear better than he is

LayNprayNINJA -  Seems many level headed fans agree:

Sonnen has not "earned" another title shot yet.

Sonnen vs. Anderson would be AWESOME and we would all tune in no doubt!

If only the Sonnenite trolls could see the difference between those two things.

Pretty much. Phone Post

Paul harris would rip his leg off

Will he use extra testosterone in the rematch?

I hope so! Phone Post

Ghost of Retard -  I bet him and Anderson play xbox live together and chat about how they are going to make so much money on the rematch.

I would LOVE this to be true LMFAO!

Taking the chance Chael gets beat by anyone other than Silva, is like throwing millions in the trash.

You're right, as much as I would love to see this fight, lets be serious: Anderson hasn't earned a rematch with Chael yet.

He hasn't proved that his wrestling has improved yet.  He should show that he has a chance in hell to stop Chael's takedowns before he is given the oppurtunity to fight him again.

McBottery - You're right, as much as I would love to see this fight, lets be serious: Anderson hasn't earned a rematch with Chael yet.

He hasn't proved that his wrestling has improved yet.  He should show that he has a chance in hell to stop Chael's takedowns before he is given the oppurtunity to fight him again.

I lol'd. Phone Post