The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

I’m enjoying watching him not get distracted by Teixeira’s odd style.

1 Like

I f Teixeira had some mustard on his punches he’d be dangerous

Teixiera’s lack of activity is what’s keeping him from getting stopped

https://x.com/ESPNRingside/status/1799652106372096268?t=aUHvPJmdXtpGuyTmYGEe0Q&s=19

2 Likes

Zayas did what was expected of him. Hopefully he’ll be back in the ring soon

1 Like

Zayas is you know… meh

1 Like

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

2 Likes

The Monster not losing to some dude named Snu Snu

4 Likes

Tommy fury is playing for the world 11 in soccer aid.

Where’s that cunt think he’s from.

Bellew too

1 Like

Female boxer (talented) survives take-downs, beats up opponent, in her MMA debut.

https://x.com/IFLTV/status/1799564914719125818

1 Like

She had zero wrestling but did ok grappling and getting back up, she didn’t panic from that arm triangle.

2 Likes

Might win a world title but don’t think he ever gets to an elite level.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t see it with Zayas either. Cotto and Trinidad’s talent lept off the screen when you watched them.

3 Likes

All these guys are bigger than Inoue. Carrington from what I’ve seen is lacking foot speed. He’s pretty basic just walking you down and heavily reliant on that shoulder roll and needs to get close to do his work. Unless he’s able to hurt Inoue consistently, Inoue is going to be using his elite foot speed, cutting angles and Carrington will be on the receiving end of a lot of combos, I think it will be difficult for him to get his counter game off. Inoue will be freezing him in there like he does with everyone else.

2 Likes

Same for me. He should have been destroying someone like that.

He’s a talent for sure but not a mega talent. A lack of real power is going to be an issue for him too because he looks big at 154, will surely have to move up soon and I think will struggle to really hurt bona fide 160s and 168s.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be overly critical because he’s still just 21 but it’s probably more likely that he peaked earlier in his development than most fighters and has leveled off rather than having a ton of untapped potential left despite his age.

3 Likes

Diamond Dallas page didn’t hit his wrestling peak until he was damn near 40!

He’s a machine!