The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Berlanga has that power

4ltr

1 Like

It looks like it could be a stacked summer of boxing. Lots of big fights a-coming for the good weather.

1. Taylor vs Ramirez.
  2. Canelo Vs Saunders
  3. Haney vs Linares
  4. Joshua vs Fury (looking good)
  5. Charlo vs Castano
  6. T. Lopez vs Kambosos
  7. Charlo vs Montiel
  8. Tank Davis vs Mario Barrios
  9. Chisora vs Parker
  10. Usyk vs Joyce
  • Oscar De La Hoya vs… …Chuck Liddell/Tank Abbott/Emmanuel Yarborough or DA DA 5000. Which is rightly is regarded as the cherry on top of the Summer Sundae!!

Have I missed any?

1 Like

Loma vs Nakatani is rumored for the summer too

2 Likes

Also Rigo vs Casimero just got signed for August

2 Likes

There is a watchable fight this weekend actually. And, no, I don’t mean the match between ‘Sweet Pea’ Askren and Jake ‘High Tech’ Paul.

But, Andrade vs Liam Williams.
3:20 min (at weigh in) for a bit of pushing and shoving.

1 Like

Andrade should win handily

1 Like

Yeah i would have thought so. Though Steve Kim says he is expecting Williams to surprise. At least in performance.

Steve Kim also said GGG would of beaten Ward lol. I take what he says with a grain of salt. But never know, we will see.

1 Like

Intense.

I hope Kambosos can shut Temo up but I don’t see it happening. Wasn’t impressed with his last fight against Selby.

1 Like

Yeah probably not. And yeah, about Temo too. All those lightweights are a bit pricky actually. Temo, Tank, Haney, Garcia.

lol - Put them all in in the ring together!

2 Likes
1 Like

So was is it a dominant performance by Andrade?

1 Like

I found it to be actually a fun scrap. The scores were wide but that didn’t tell the whole story. Williams was tough and game, and caught Boo Boo a few times. Not rocked, but buzzed.

Andrade got Williams down, but it wasn’t like his past fights were after a couple of rounds he just coasts. It was more interesting than that. I wasn’t scoring the fight, but the ‘feeling’ of the fight, I thought, was like a 9-3 8-4 fight. With Williams earning credit for toughness.

1 Like

Two lean looking athletes in this photo:

1 Like

I would love to see how Usyk would handle Ruiz

1 Like

Yes, interesting. And for a different style, I am also keen to see a Whyte vs Ruiz battle.

I feel Ruiz’s boxing and speed would be too much for Whyte. But I wouldn’t mind seeing it.

1 Like

Maybe, although as well as AJ they have another common opponent in Parker.

Both of those fights, Ruiz vs Parker, and Whyte vs Parker, were very close fights. Ruiz losing out, and Whyte getting the W.

I think it would be very competitive.