The Top 5 Ways to Pass The Guard

Hey everyone, 

My website BJJ Connect has recently been reborn as a new idea in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Previously, we were a live web stream show that showcased grappling events and interviews with some of the Worlds’ best at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Our new idea is to start hosting web conferences with BJJ minds from all over the world, helping everyone learn faster. Each week we will add a new web conference and focus it on a new subject. Subjects like guard passing, mount submissions, side control escapes, lifting routines and many more. We will also be examining competition footage and training strategies. We will also have special guests on from time to time to give their expert opinion on each subject. This is for everyone from White Belts to Red Belts to come in and give their opinions. Maybe it will be a debate on point systems, maybe it will be a discussion about how to take the back. Each week it will be different!

THIS WEEK THE SUBJECT IS..
The Top 5 Ways to pass the Guard

INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
If you are interested in collaborating with us please fill out the form to the right of our website and we will email the details for the next conference! You are expected to bring a few YouTube clips or websites to showcase your point. So if you think one guard pass is the best, find a video of it and submit it during the meeting. We will bring it up on the webcast and let everyone watch. At the end we will discuss and everyone will vote on their favorites! My hope is that it will form a collaborative learning tool that anyone can use to improve their game.

CAN I WATCH LATER?
Yes, but it is always better to be there live!

HOW MANY CAN PARTICIPATE AT ONCE?
25, so register quick!

http://bjjconnect.com/

great idea

I will lead the beginning. Then you can hit a button to say you want to talk. I can then make you the presenter. Youtube is integrated with it so you just put in the youtube link and it shows up in the conference. Then after everyone is done showcasing videos, we will take a poll. Phone Post

Thanks Dave! Phone Post

The first one will be sunday night at 11pm central. Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Hywel Teague -
Bruce Hoyer - 

The first one will be sunday night at 11pm central. Phone Post

I would have done it but c'mon man 11pm?

That's like 1am where I am

Yea, when we do another I will make it earlier. Phone Post

margarida pass.

Nice here are some of the other ones people are saying

-Leg drag
-X-pass
-Toreando
-Kneecut
-Jumping pass

-Toreando
-Tozi
-Over/Under
-Leg Drag
-Knee Slide

1.) Elbow against leg pass (standard pass)
2.) Standing up while grabbing the arm
3.) Two elbows pushing opponents thighs while knee comes up
4.) Standing up but stacking after you open the guard Phone Post

Bruce Hoyer - Nice here are some of the other ones people are saying

-Leg drag
-X-pass
-Toreando
-Kneecut
-Jumping pass

-Toreando
-Tozi
-Over/Under
-Leg Drag
-Knee Slide

1.) Elbow against leg pass (standard pass)
2.) Standing up while grabbing the arm
3.) Two elbows pushing opponents thighs while knee comes up
4.) Standing up but stacking after you open the guard Phone Post

That's a lot for one session. Many cover less but in a more detailed manner? What about the possibility to record the web conference so that others can see it at a later date and time? Phone Post

one type of pass that people tend to forget about or not realize that they do it is "forcing the half guard". its exactly what it sounds like and a lot of high level people do it. instead of trying to create elaborate ways to pass crazy guards a lot of high level people will work their way into half guard first and then really start passing from there.

Hey Bruce, let me know if you end up doing one of these during the week. I'd be glad to call in.

I will let you know for sure! I took some good thoughts from the first weeks show. Going forward we will have everyone submit their five favorites on our site. we find the top ones and then we showcase the top five on our show. This week its mount escapes!

What time works for most people? Phone Post