The toughest cop that's not allowed to protect you

Good luck Sean!  At least you've been able to fight this. Some departments leverage these things with a pretermination hearing knowing full well most people can't chance the arbitration. 

Even when one knows they are right, it's tough to take a termination and wait 18 months to fight, prove ones case and come back. 

Kudos to you for staying in the fight. I wish you the best. 

In as fuck for later 

Sorry Gannon but I'm hoping this bullshit goes to the top court so the corruptions in the Dept and politicians/brass behind it are exposed.

I hope you get your due too. We need good cops in the field and not playing administrator in an office. Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Gannon rocks ! He is a tough ass dude and a VERY RARE intellectual cop. 

Nothing but respect for Sean Phone Post 3.0

His story clearly illustrates one key truth, police departments are mostly corrupt.
Police leaders will break laws, act without integrity and commonly behave as villians in our communities.

NEVER talk to police and video stream EVERY interaction with them, good cops won't care, criminal officers will freak out.

Interesting read. Thank you. Phone Post 3.0

WTF!! What a travesty. Good article Kirik. Power to Sean hope he gets what he wants

mdavid01 - His story clearly illustrates one key truth, police departments are mostly corrupt.
Police leaders will break laws, act without integrity and commonly behave as villians in our communities.

NEVER talk to police and video stream EVERY interaction with them, good cops won't care, criminal officers will freak out.

Sean is a great guy. I remember when they buried him in the Boston Herald after the Kimbo fight (and MMA quite a few times). Always at local events, I have family who are police and Sean deserves to be back in the field. 

Blows my mind my state tax is being used to hold him back. 

Chin up Sean

. Phone Post 3.0

Great story 

Gannon is the man.  Great read.

Met Sean years back at the MMAT Center in Worcester MA....was one of the nicest guys I've ever met...good luck Sean..

Good luck Gannon Phone Post 3.0

The "cops" going after Gannon are the classic type of cop that every agency has... they can't do the job as well as someone like Gannon and feel threatened. 

They fail at being good cops and in the process fail at being good leaders because when they realize they are not good enough in the streets and are afraid of being found out by their peers they resort to becoming supervisors.

They find a safe haven behind a desk where they can threaten the same officer that they know they can't ever be on the streets....

It is fear that makes them go after a guy like Gannon.... their own fear of inadequacy

Best of luck man. Phone Post 3.0

Gannon is the man

"Yesterday, I was finally given a date for my hearing – December 8th – and a reporter suddenly wanted to interview me. A quick google of her articles showed a definite slant towards the Department. It’s like that scene in The Godfather where Vito Corleone warns his son that the first person asking to arrange a sit down with him was the one that would betray him."

Or maybe shes she's just a police reporter? Would you expect any reporter's work to be "slanted" towards bagging out the police? Found that part a bit conspiracy theoryish