The UFC is pathetic......

After all the shit Dana talked about Elite XC and how he has this great respect for the sport we are now going to be charged $50 to watch a 41 year old washed up boxer fight an all time MMA legend. This is MMA at it's highest level? He doesn't hold the UFC to a higher standard than this? What's next? Will Batista debut against Shane Carwin just so they can stop Strikeforce from using him?

Do you realize James Toney made his boxing debut the same year the first Karate Kid came out and will make his MMA debut the same year the remake came out? The guy can't even get on the smallest networks in boxing anymore and he's main eventing on the biggest stage in MMA. Great.

I put money on Toney putting the natural to sleep.  Don't count out "Lights out."  Hes a natural athlete and hes gonna make it ugly with Couture. 

Randy signed up for a fight, its gonna be competitive and there won't be any free lunches.

-Nuker

The card for 118 is a solid one with many opportunities for exciting fights.

So quit yer bitchin.

He admitted it was a freak show fight, at least.  Everybody else just calls them "fun fights"

I'm looking forward to seeing Toney get choked out, that's for sure.

Colt Seavers - Cool

story

bro.

Ah the guy from '10 only took 3 months to catch on to that! That's great!

Mister Saigon - Brasky considering you stream ALL MMA events illegally online, why are you bitching? You haven't paid for 1 single MMA event in years and that is a fact.

Don't troll your way onto the UFC now.

/

Mister Saigon - Brasky considering you stream ALL MMA events illegally online, why are you bitching? You haven't paid for 1 single MMA event in years and that is a fact.

Don't troll your way onto the UFC now.

Incorrect. Every UFC since Machida/Shogun 2 I have seen in a bar. The last I bought was Machida/Shogun 2. Even bought the damn Fedor/Sylvia fight.....

I think you have me confused with someone else.

It's an intriguing fight surrounded by a bunch of other good fights, so what is the problem?

You need counseling to help you find happiness!! 

Meeshka - 
Brasky -  we are now going to be.. charged $50 to watch a 41 year old washed up boxer.

Oh, really? washed up?

Yes, James Toney is a washed up boxer. Anyone who watched him drudge to a gift decision over Fres Oquendo knows the same thing. He hasn't been relevant since being OUTBOXED by Sam Peter. Yes, Sam Peter thoroughly outboxed James Toney in the rematch. Wasn't even close.

Ok dont buy it then nobody cares.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4h4wi6dRp1qzt4vjo1_500.gif

OP, just shut up.

Eh. Dana has called the fight a freak show fight and it's not like UFC has hitched their entire wagon to Toney like EliteXC did with Kimbo. Even though I'm a big Couture fan and all of Toney's talk makes me want to see him get punched, I don't really like the fight.

At least this card has Penn/Edgar 2, Florian/Maynard in a #1 contenders fight, Marquadt/Palhares, and Diaz/Davis. Really good card overall.

I consider this being a freak show in a sense..and I don't mind watching it based mainly out of my curiosity on how out of shape Toney will be.

And dont worry, BJ Penn vs Edgar 2 is the main event..thats the quality fight right now. I cannot wait for that one.

yes its a dumb fight, but just give you a heads up, the #1 and #2 lightweights in the world are also fighting eachother on the card