The UFC’s future is bright...

The UFC's future is bright, but still unclear
May 3, 2006
Sean McClure

Whenever something becomes popular or 'mainstream' there is a rush of interest, an instant infatuation. People start talking about it on every corner, in every shop, and equally in large and small cities across America. Sometimes, they become media darlings hogging the spotlight at every given opportunity. If it is a television show, the cast becomes household names and sees dramatic salary increases, which rival some movie star paydays. The flipside to all of this is that when the interest fades so does the novelty and value of the product that garnered so much adoration.

Read More >>

ttt

TTT!

Sean McClure is a good friend of mine...Great article!!!

TTT!

Wow - I didn't even know Maxfighting still existed.

Good article, but I don't know what kind of draw Ortiz/Shamrock 2 will be. I don't hear anyone (hardcore or casual fans) clamoring to see these two fight again since their first fight was so conclusive.

I was dissapointed when the fight was called off.

I want to see the two of them go at it again.

It'll be interesting to see if Ken's snapped ACL made any difference at all in the first fight or if it will look the same as the last beat down.

And it'll be interesting to see Ken's reasoning for Tito still being afraid of him if he gets beaten down for a 2nd time.

"Good article, but I don't know what kind of draw Ortiz/Shamrock 2 will be. I don't hear anyone (hardcore or casual fans) clamoring to see these two fight again since their first fight was so conclusive."

I could care less about the fight too but it will be the biggest PPV yet for the UFC.

The 1st Randy/Chuck fight was even more conclusive IMO yet that rematch surpassed all other PPV's. With this season of TUF shaping out to be the most successful to date, all signs show it will be the biggest PPV draw.

And after that I bet Tito/Chuck 2 will surpass Ken/Tito 2 and we all know how completely one-sided that was.

ttt

"Forrest Griffin is on the lips of every casual fan across the country and while the hardcore fans cannot stand him for the most part, they have to respect him."

Cannot stand him? I disagree.

ttt

Any fan whether hardcore or not should respect Forest.

He puts on great fights win or lose.

Now Stephan Bonnar on the other hand.

"Any fan whether hardcore or not should respect Forest."

Hell yes!! True warrior, kick ass tough and funny as hell too.  He just loves to fight. 

TTT