There Was Only One Alex Stiebling

https://www.mmanews.com/news/ufc-legend-refers-to-welterweight-as-brazilian-killer-predicts-champion-status

UFC Legend Refers To Welterweight Star As The ‘Brazilian Killer’, Predicts Champion Status

This top welterweight contender received some lofty praise when he was in Las Vegas recently.

2 Likes

1 Like

Belal Muhammad loved the experience he had while attending this year’s International Fight Week, and he had one particular interaction with a UFC legend that really resonated with him.

“Remember the Name” is currently the UFC’s #3-ranked welterweight contender after winning a decision over former title challenger Gilbert Burns at UFC 288. That victory extended Muhammad’s unbeaten run to 10 fights, with the lone setback during that period being a 2021 No Contest against current welterweight champion Leon Edwards.
The 35-year-old was recently in Las Vegas to spend time with fans at the UFC’s International Fight Week, and during a conversation with Jon Anik’s twin brother Jason Anik, he detailed a run in that he had with Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

“The second day, I was sitting next to Nogueira, ‘Minotauro’ and his brother [Antônio Rogério Nogueira],” Muhammad said. “And he comes up to me, he’s recording a selfie and he’s like, 'Ah, the Brazilian killer right here. You’re killing all the Brazilians!’ I was like, ‘Bro, no man!’ He said, ‘Nah we love you man, you’re a beast. You’re good, I watched a lot of tape on you because I do it for Fight Pass and stuff, so watching a lot of tape. And you’re gonna be a champion.’ Honestly, that meant more to me than anything."

Belal Muhammad Still Searching For First Shot At UFC Gold

Muhammad has been actively campaigning for his first chance at a UFC title, and apparently Nogueira wasn’t the only person at International Fight Week who told “Remember the Name” he was destined to be a UFC champion.

“While I was there I literally had [Nogueira] come up to me and tell me that, Glover Teixeira told me, ‘You’re gonna be a champion.’ Joanna [Jędrzejczyk], when I took a picture with her, she’s like… ‘Next time, we’re gonna do the picture with your belt.’ So having those fighters and people like that who’ve done it, been there, done that, been champions. To tell me that, ‘You’re gonna be a champion,’ it just meant the world to me. It was such a sick moment.”
Having the support of several UFC legends is certainly encouraging for Muhammad, but at the moment, it’s unclear when exactly Edwards will be defending his welterweight title.

Dana White indicated after UFC 286 that “Rocky” would be facing Colby Covington next, but that fight still hasn’t been officially announced for any upcoming card.

Muhammad does seem content to wait for his opportunity against the winner of the expected Edwards vs. Covington matchup, and either of those opponents would provide plenty of intrigue for fans considering the history he has with both men.

1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

To me the three biggest fights that made Anderson Silva get recognition were his fights with Sakurai, Steibling, and Carlos Newton.

TLDR; No-name journeyman makes up a story to caress his fragile self-esteem.

Alex Stiebling MMA Career DEEPDIVE - Epsidoe 138 / ufc

1 Like

Great thread ty sir!

1 Like

xcelenttt vid

1 Like

Goes’ brain bled in that fight.

I can’t wait until Belal is out of the ufc. All he’s done is prove that most guys have shit cardio.