They should have retired fighters coaching TUF

I don’t think that works anymore. It used to be a very popular show on Spike that gave their fighters more mainstream attention. Dana said it literally saved the UFC. Its clearly not that anymore. The UFC is pretty mainstream and TUF is just an aging reality show it puts on that is relegated to ESPN Plus. Nunes would probably get more attention doing an actually popular reality show instead of doing TUF. If they want to keep doing it the focus should be putting more eyes on the show to boost the viewership. And that means putting names and personality over using it to hype up fights.

1 Like

It is a great idea to have these fan favorite legends come in pass on their expertise and grace us with their presence through a show where we might learn more about them rather then have them fight.

2 Likes

Is your avatar Eddie or Thanos?

I think if they used very popular retired fighters it would still very much draw ratings and build the new up and comers. I feel like a lot of new fighters would rather be on The Contender Series as they aren’t stuck in a house for weeks and not allowed to see their families. Running both shows might make TUF a harder sell… talent dwindles…

1 Like

And offers the retired guys a great post retirement boost in $$ and keeps them in the game.

2 Likes

Absolutely this is much better then having them come back for a one off fight out of their prime and era and get decimated and tarnish legacies etc etc.

Just have them come in and coach the teams and give the fans a chance to see this side of their old school favorites and learn more about them for better or worse lol

2 Likes

Yes! Agreed! Worse might get better ratings. So wins all around.

3 Likes

Eddie who? Its Thanos

Iron Maiden mascot

2 Likes

Pretty good idea. TUF doesn’t really have casual appeal anymore anyway. Being on it doesn’t do current fighters any good. It’s pretty much only being watched by the most hardcore of hardcore fans. This might be a way to get more interest.

Imagine the possibilities: Royce & Ken, Chuck & Randy, Griffin & Bonnar, Anderson & Chael, Hendo & Bisping, etc.

The coaches should also pick the contestants themselves by going around regional shows recruiting. That way they’re actually “competing” in some way and putting their knowledge to use.

2 Likes

I really like that idea (coaches touring gyms to find contestants). Awesome idea. Although Bonnar and Liddell may need some detox time before they get on the show.

2 Likes

Hell naw! Alcohol fueled dumbassery always made for the most entertaining TUF TV back in the day. Just let Julian bang brosephine!

1 Like

supermax prison vs supermax prison
gang vs gang
amateur heavyweights vs pro middle weights
find 10 grudges in UFC and put them on opposite teams
pick 20 random people from a Saurday night out in vegas and offer them the chance to win $1m

2 Likes

I’d like to see retired fighters and their coaching staff the retired fighters Team coach everyone on that team. It would be cool to see a team of Chute Boxe guys coaching a team against a team being coached by AKA guys. I really miss the old days of Pride when they had the Bushido special fights and had Team vs Team at all weight classes. That’s how amateur wrestling is done, one person wins you get points towards the whole team victory.

Well they need to be able to speak with words. Lol

TUF IS DEAD

it’s behind a paywall. Nobody watches except hardcore fans

9/10 of my MMA friends haven’t even bothered to watch this season of TUF. I know people wanna act cool and this and that, but people have legit given up on this show. If you can’t get fans of the sport to watch, they’ll never get casuals again

TUF is useless, DWTNCS replaced its purpose

1 Like

The last season i watched was tuf 10. I have seen one episode with usman since then, and maybe 10 minutes total of the nunes/pena one because it aired before fight nights or something on whatever channel i got it on.