Thiago Alves how does he make 170?

I saw him at UFC 91, And the dude looked at least 220 if not 230. Looks way bigger in person, if you can imagine that.

Ridiculously fucking massive.

he is about 200. no joke bro. He looks big because he is only 5'9 and has alot of muscle

hes already been busted once for roids...but he has got to be the hugest 170 in the world

xcouturefan - Cutting weight. Look it up.

Weight cutting
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please improve this article if you can. (June 2008)
This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2007)

Weight cutting is the practice of rapid weight loss prior to a sporting competition. It most frequently happens in order to qualify for a lower weight class (usually in combat sports, where weight is a significant advantage) or in sports where it is advantageous to weigh as little as possible (most notably equestrian). There are two types of weight cutting: One method is to lose weight in the form of fat and muscle in the weeks prior to an event; the other is to lose weight in the form of water in the final days before competition.

Nutritional experts will rarely give advice on how to cut weight safely or effectively, and will simply recommend against cutting weight at all. However, many athletes choose to do it because they wish to gain an advantage in their sport. Coaches should be aware of this, and be prepared to counsel.

If he just took up the ShanMan regimen, he'd be a flabby 155 in no time

dimesnake - hes already been busted once for roids...but he has got to be the hugest 170 in the world

He was never " busted for roids"

He hasn't been 170 in his last 2 fights.

Why do people keep on saying that Alves tested postive for steroids? He didn't, as far as I know

busted for diuretic/masking agent IIRC

Elias Cepeda -  Why do people keep on saying that Alves tested postive for steroids? He didn't, as far as I know

Correct Elias. Diuretics.

But damn...if that boy ain't on something. Not talking sh*t, just saying...but who isn't on a lil something every now and then these days.

I feel you, I'm just saying that people keep on saying he tested positive for steroids. Just not true

If Alves can cut down to 170, GSP can be 155.

""A prescribed drug, Spironolactone is a diuretic that is used mainly to lose weight and can mask steroids.""

stop being so technical

dimesnake - ""A prescribed drug, Spironolactone is a diuretic that is used mainly to lose weight and can mask steroids.""

stop being so technical

"a car, can be used to transport people around. can also kill people in accidents"
therefore cars kill people.

see where this logic fails?

no

He got busted for taking a diuretic that helped him cut weight, which he cuts a massive amount of.

He has never been busted for steroids. Big difference.