This is why wrestlers train harder than ANYONE vid

Wrestling is great.
But notice everyone in that room,except the coach maybe, is younger than the average new BJJ guy.

Wrestling is great, but too many holes in it.

The wrestling work ethic is what makes it great for MMA.

ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
WestBuiltAMountain - Wrestling is so boring by itself.

I want to see someone lock up a sub once it's down.
And this is why BJJ is the modern TMA. They can't bring themselves to appreciate other forms w/o feeling like they are betraying their lineage and sensei. Phone Post

He claimed to be BJJ???? I didn't read that. Did I miss it???
Derp.

Even if we pretended he didn't have 2500 posts and that screen names were all anonymous, you would deduce that someone who says wrestling is boring is what? A wrestler? For example, I can tell by your butthurt reaction that you are a BJJ guy as well.

2500 posts. How do they work?

Who gives a shit about post counts. And WTF is "derp." Not a butt hurt reaction either. Did I post something bad about wrestling? Reading comprehension son.

Oh yeah, yes I train BJJ
and wrestling as well.
OK, I'll type slowly just for you.

2500 post counts mean he has posted before. People use words when they post. These words form sentences that tell people what they think, feel, or have experienced.

In other words, I know because I've seen him post before, Dr. Derp.

You should get into politics because you post a bunch of nonsense, without saying anything, while failing to answer any of the questions asked. In addition, you keep convincing yourself that you are correct.

Where's the vid? Phone Post

If there's one thing more boring than watching a wrestler in an MMA match trying to 'grind out a dominating decision to show who the better man is' or whatever this week's pro-wrestling propaganda happens to be, it's reading posts by moronic (or misguided, or both) wrestling fans telling us how wonderful wrestling is.

Wrestling is a great sport, but some of the folks who speak up for it on threads like this one are sadly lacking in the brains department.

So Awesome Not Square -
Tommy Gunnz - Tom Brands is my favorite wrestler of all time but Iowa wrestling has NOTHING on Oklahoma State

What are you smoking?

not a damn thing!

NCAA Wrestling Team Titles:

Oklahoma State: 34

Iowa: 23

Iowa State: 8

Oklahoma: 7

Minnesota: 3

so forth and so on.

seems pretty clear cut to me Phone Post

actually its pretty insane when you think about it, last year Penn State winning the team title was the first time that Oklahoma State, Iowa or Minnesota hasn't won the team ncaa championship since arizona state won it in 1988

putting BJJ player that never was a wresler through that practice, lmao and even mentioning BJJ or Basketball, pleeease!

This video is awesome. Wrestling is awesome. BJJ is awesome. Boxing is awesome. Judo is awesome. Thai box is awesome. It's all awesome. All of it. - Without the submission game, there is no actual way to actually finish your opponent with only wrestling in your game, unless you slam and KO them. So, I agree that if you want to be a dominant human being, one should not only be a murderous wrestler (like these studs) but have a wide variety of submissions as well. Wrestling is not borring at all. I never wrestled, (i sure wish I had) but I watched that video twice because it's motivating. For the person who wants to see a "finish" go click on a submission grappling link instead and dont talk about what wrestling is missing or why it needs submissions, because that's not wrestling. Great video man, thank you!

SweetPotato - Great vid. Super inspiring.

But why does any wrestling vid that gets posted automatically degenerate into a squabble between wrestlers and bjj people? I wrestle and do bjj, and have trained them side by side for years. I love both. Neither one by itself is the be-all and end-all of combat sports. Sure, gi/sport bjj purists can be annoying, but so can wrestling purists (or, for that matter, the muay thai guys who think all they need is the clinch and therefore don't need to train in any grappling art). But people should train in what they have access to / have the most fun doing / find most effective for their style and needs.

I guess what I'm saying is why can't we all just get along? Come on UG, just for once...

There's a lot of truth in that Phone Post

elgringo - is that Tom's brother Terry out there having fun with the young pups??

also as someone who has competed in both sports (not on a high level or anything) I think wrestling is more exciting just because of the stalling rules. in wrestling you can get called on stalling so easily, so its constant action and aggression.

Ya, that was Terry. He's an assistant under his twin brother Tom (both world champs in "93 in freestyle).

The guy in the blue singlet was Mike Zadick, I believe, who still is competing in freestyle.

Who's the thin black kid in the vid? Dude looks like a frigging handful, like you can never fully get dominate position on him. There were so many great scrambles and transitions in that vid. Thanks.

Too bad it has to devolve into a Sonnen Silva argument. Come on guys

cycklops - Who's the thin black kid in the vid? Dude looks like a frigging handful, like you can never fully get dominate position on him. There were so many great scrambles and transitions in that vid. Thanks.

Too bad it has to devolve into a Sonnen Silva argument. Come on guys

Looks like TJ Williams.  2 time NCAA champ and a 3rd place finsih as well, highest winning percentage in the history of the program.  I believe his record was 98-1.  Pretty ridiculous career.  Not sure that it's him but I believe that was the consensus the first time I saw this video.   

in for later

DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 

And this is why BJJ is the modern TMA. They can't bring themselves to appreciate other forms w/o feeling like they are betraying their lineage and sensei. Phone Post

Derp.

Even if we pretended he didn't have 2500 posts and that screen names were all anonymous, you would deduce that someone who says wrestling is boring is what? A wrestler? For example, I can tell by your butthurt reaction that you are a BJJ guy as well.

Who gives a shit about post counts. And WTF is "derp." Not a butt hurt reaction either. Did I post something bad about wrestling? Reading comprehension son.

Oh yeah, yes I train BJJ

and wrestling as well.

2500 post counts mean he has posted before. People use words when they post. These words form sentences that tell people what they think, feel, or have experienced.

You should get into politics because you post a bunch of nonsense, without saying anything, while failing to answer any of the questions asked. In addition, you keep convincing yourself that you are correct.
So typing slow wasn't helpful? You STILL don't get it? Stick to fighting, because thought isn't a strong suit of yours.

TTT Phone Post

I love that kind of flexible format training, it's truly the best way to get the most out of your athletes. Once you create a culture of internally motivated athletes, it's less a matter of needing to push them, and more a matter of needing to push them to slow down (see the kid with the neck brace).

ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 

Derp.

Oh yeah, yes I train BJJ
and wrestling as well.

So typing slow wasn't helpful? You STILL don't get it? Stick to fighting, because thought isn't a strong suit of yours.

Still avoiding the original questions, huh???

mdh2k10 -  bunch of white boys that couldn't play basketball

basketball = a bunch of black boys that wouldnt ever be able to wrestle. Phone Post

ttt

So Awesome Not Square - 
SlapUsilly - Wrestling is great.
But notice everyone in that room,except the coach maybe, is younger than the average new BJJ guy.

Wrestling is great, but too many holes in it.

The wrestling work ethic is what makes it great for MMA.

It's a lot more than just work ethic.

Well, thats settled then..
Thanks for the info.