This upcoming boxing game looks seriously impressive!

That’s consistent with reality too.

IMO it was just easier to play with distance fighters and pump the jab for video game purposes.
With Tyson you’re always in the line of fire and have to really have the movement down.
Takes longer to get good at IMO.

But I’m no ace… don’t have the time.

1 Like

lol This resonates. This is good gaming.

I actually preferred the “real” boxers to the created characters but didn’t have anything against the created characters except that I remember they were overpowered in at least one game, compared to the real fighters, and so it sucked to get matched up against one if you weren’t using one.

This was my experience in Round 3. I wanted to use Frazier but I also wanted to win and I was better using outside fighters and stick mostly with jabs and straights. When Round 4 came out I was determined to make swarming with Frazier work, and I did. That contributed to me having an epic level of fun with Round 4. I also think it was the better game.

1 Like

Definitely.

1 Like

The created fighters were fun because you get to make them. Yeah they could get overpowered…but when going up against other players and their creates fighters it was fun.
I remember my brother and I having these epic battles on knockout kings.

I think it was round 4 that screwed this aspect of it up…and it was a great looking game!

Yes.

black and white fighting GIF

1 Like

it looks “OK” but is running at like 12 FPS. It looks like claymation not smooth animation. EA just needs to remake their boxing game. This one will suck.

1 Like

starts doing situps

1 Like

Is this in VR ?

Maybe. Time will tell. One thing that is definitely an improvement, though, is the footwork. The EA games, didn’t even have a footwork element. Just skating around.

https://twitter.com/ShawnDonsg/status/1336437621552259072?s=20&t=S5yo5u5gc_SYVUVtISoXtQ

Created fighters are definitely cool in their own way. As long as it’s created fighter vs created fighter, or they balance it so that the created fighters are on the same level as the better real fighters, then I have no issue. I just don’t like fighting real vs created if it’s a big uphill battle for me when I’m using a real fighter, which I almost always do.

1 Like

Any idea which heavyweight you’ll use?

1 Like

If you use Tyson we can compare notes. There will be a lot of overlap between Tyson and Frazier. Different strategy between the two in some ways, but in terms of the technical infighting (offense and defense), cutting off the ring, etc., there will be a lot of overlap.

1 Like

Imagine the visual of Tyson/Frazier in the ring with Fury.

1 Like

Ha! I’ll plant Joe’s head right in his sternum and beat his body all night. I’ll go upstairs when the time is right.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Look forward to James Toney too.

1 Like

I liked using Toney at middleweight in Round 4. He’s cool. Cool fighter IRL, too. I like his style in the ring.

I also like using LaMotta and Hagler at MW. MW is probably my second favorite division in the boxing games, after HW.

1 Like

PS5 bundles available a Gamestop tomorrow, in case anyone that wants one hasn’t been able to track one down.

I dont like that they arent showing Tyson. Ive gone out of my way to point out Mike Tyson isnt even the 2nd best hw of his generation, yet when it comes to boxing games hes always tge first one i pick. If i xan build a career with gim ill do that too.

3 Likes