Thoughts on Bad Decisions

After almost every UFC there is/are thread(s) about a possibly bad decision. Usually they are numerous, with constantly repeated remarks. " We need a better scoring system." or my favorite " You cant let it go to a decision." I think everybody knows we need a more definitive scoring system. Also while you shouldnt let it go to a decision, sometimes that's easier said than done. Fights should be competitive, that's why we watch them. Regardless, there will always be bad decisions. Thats my 2 pennies anyway.

So what are you trying to say?

Arguing and whining about bad decisions is futile.

We don`t need a better scoring system as much as we need better judges.

john thornton - Arguing and whining about bad decisions is futile.

You are certainly correct there. However it's the only way we can conceivably relieve our own frustration at witnessing another injustice within this sport.

I agree, and it's obvious that it frustrates the UFC as much as everybody else. Probably more, because it can affect their finances.

It's been stated many times that fighters cannot leave the fight in the hands of the judges. Is that a perfect system? Absolutely not, but for now, it's the only system we have.

Replace "Octagon Control" with "Agression"

crowbar - We don`t need a better scoring system as much as we need better judges.

That maybe true. As in the Shogun -Machida fight, I dont think they scored Shoguns kicks high enough. That could be the judges or the way the scoring is set up.

Who were the judges in this fight? Was it the same 3 stooges from Machida vs. Rua?

DevilDawg - Who were the judges in this fight? Was it the same 3 stooges from Machida vs. Rua?

I dont know.