Thoughts on Dominick Cruzs' Blue Belt?

butt scooting is purple belt stuff - plenty of time for this kid to learn the game

bgup619 - 
dustyaguas - kinda funny considering faber received his brown in his previous fight, more of a slap in the face to faber and marketing than anything. i can guarantee cruz rolls up many purple/brown/black belts, nogi of course. gi may be quite different, who knows how much he trains in the gi (hence the blue belt).

I guess your guarantee isnt worth shit because Ive rolled with Cruz a few times nogi and he didnt "roll me up". His walking around weight and mine are the same, Im a 37 year old puple belt and all I kept thinking was man I wish this slippery kid was wearing a gi so I could grab a hold of him. These sessions were during a nogi pro practice invite only that use to take place twice a week. No disrespect to Dom hes a decent wrestler but a blue belt is about right..

And I bet everything on the internet is the truth.

"kinda funny considering faber received his brown in his previous fight,"

Faber trains BJJ with Fabio Prado. Fabio doesn't fuck around, if he thinks he is a brown belt than Faber is a brown belt. And Faber trains Gi sometimes,too.(the horror....)

Who said anything about Faber's coach's credentials? Faber is legit, and if someone gave him a brown belt I'm sure it was well deserved. However, my immediate thought as soon as I saw the blue belt from Lloyd is "slap in the face to Urijah." Granted, I had a few Landsharks and Newcastles.

Thoughts?

Congrats!!!

Luke Beston-Gracie - Congrats to BJJ Blue Belt and UFC World Champion Dominck Cruz

Agreed! Dominic is a beast and a very humble, hard working guy. I hope he remains champion for many years to come!

dustyaguas -
"kinda funny considering faber received his brown in his previous fight,"

Faber trains BJJ with Fabio Prado. Fabio doesn't fuck around, if he thinks he is a brown belt than Faber is a brown belt. And Faber trains Gi sometimes,too.(the horror....)

Who said anything about Faber's coach's credentials? Faber is legit, and if someone gave him a brown belt I'm sure it was well deserved. However, my immediate thought as soon as I saw the blue belt from Lloyd is "slap in the face to Urijah." Granted, I had a few Landsharks and Newcastles.

Oh, I'm not saying you did. I was just adding info. I don't think Cruz getting his blue was a shot at Faber since Cruz avoided having to deal with Faber on the ground. I think it was just Lloyd smartly getting himself on tv. Phone Post

lol, you people need to seriously grow up. A coach can promote his people whenever he wants, just because YOU all do not like the way it happens means jack and shit. Hell some hold ceremonies, some do it after you win a big tourney, some doe it when mma fights are going on, etc. Its the coaches discretion. And if you know Lloyd you know he DOES NOT give out belts easily.

hes a decent grappler and if he trained in the gi he would acclimate just as well as any great athlete with a wreslting background would. Obviously its not a priority for him as he is busy being a world champion..