Thoughts on Thatch v Smooth

Bit of an underwhelming card but I'm interested to see how Benson goes in a higher weight class given I've heard he cuts down to 5% body fat to make lightweight and how it will affect his explosiveness and cardio. Also interested to see how Thatch goes in the main event of his home state. 

I don't think Brandon has really been tested yet given his combined time in the octagon from 2 fights is under 1 round.  I stand to be corrected but I don't think he has much of a grappling background and he's more of a striker so there's opportunity for Benson to take it to the ground.

I'm curious to hear how people think this will play out.

Very difficult to pick. Thatch looks very promising. But as much as other people will argue I'm not sure he deserves a main card fight after his two opponents. Although he did win in solid style.

Henderson is coming of a loss from a non main event fight into a main event slot too.

I think I'll play it safe and tip benson but I'm not that confident.

Benson has had some boring fights, but he is a better fighter than most give him credit for. Usually Benson by decision has been a safe bet, depends if thatch can land a power shot early and who knows how thatch will go if it goes 5 rounds. Fuck knows really I wouldn't bet on this fight. Phone Post 3.0

I honestly believe that Bendo has more of a shot being a UFC champ again at 170 then he does at 155. I think he cuts too much and I believe it wore on him in that last fight. I think he'll control Thatch, though he does look like he has potential, and Bendo will like the way he felt in there and make a run because he is solid everywhere. Phone Post 3.0

Ring Rust, Hendo will give him problems Phone Post 3.0

Bendo will fight from a distance, if he engages too often i think he will get smashed.

i wonder how much bigger he'll look.

Thatch is a big welterweight, explosive and very skilled on the feet. Bendo is getting bingoed.

NorthFromHere - Thatch is a big welterweight, explosive and very skilled on the feet. Bendo is getting bingoed.
Fairly adamant aren't you? Phone Post 3.0

glad thatch is finally back

I'm willing to bet thatch is coming into this fight pretty banged up. More so than your average fighter. I think bendo will wrestle until he gets a sub. Phone Post 3.0

Needlemover - 
NorthFromHere - Thatch is a big welterweight, explosive and very skilled on the feet. Bendo is getting bingoed.
Fairly adamant aren't you? Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Thatch is on his way up while Benson on his way down imo. Bendo takes this fight only as a favor to the UFC but I don't think it's very wise of him to take on a beast like Thatch on short notice on a weight class above his normal division.
But anyways looking forward to this fight. should be a good scrap

There's no way for Ben to win. He isn't big enough to wrestle Thatch down and control him...even if he is able to get him down somehow. He couldn't get Cerrone to the ground, he won't get Thatch to the ground. Second, he isn't going to win a stand up fight...Thatch is much too long/big for Ben to be effective in any way.

Cerrone is much harder to take down cerrone is a "diuretics" guy these "diuretics" guy's are crazy strong. Bendo wil speed blitz hatch all night for an easy dub probably a UD.

Cerrone was even able to use the "diuretic" strength to take down ben henderson but you cant compare hatch to cerrone unless you know something i don't. However cerrone did lose that fight and at the same time cerrone is a much better striker then hatch so i really dont see much hope for hatch in this one. He's stepping up in comp big time and about to see what it's really like to fight a Top tier ufc fighter.

WTF is a diuretics guy?

A diuretics guy? Hahaha...are you being serious? Cerrone's stand up is probably a little better than Thatch, but Thatch will be 190+ on fight night and Cerrone gets up to maybe 160-163. That's a lot more power. Ben's in trouble.

Thinkin bout throwing some money on thatch, is that a bad move? Phone Post 3.0

Wtf is thatch Phone Post 3.0

slicedcity - Thinkin bout throwing some money on thatch, is that a bad move? Phone Post 3.0

Henderson has admitted if he has to play it safe and lay and pray for a 5 round decision he will. He knows that's his only chance. I don't see him getting in on Thatch and controlling him. Thatch is 6'2 and long for a WELTERWEIGHT...let alone a Lightweight, which is what Ben has been working against for his entire career. Thatch will come in at a ripped 190. He'll be too big, too strong, and his reach will be too much for Ben to do much of anything.

I say it's about a 90% chance for Thatch to win. So I wouldn't put a mortgage payment on it, but I'd say something comfortable would be a very safe bet.

So I forgot this wasn't the OG and I was thinking this was a thread about pubic hair.

Gotta say I'm pretty fucking disappointed. Phone Post 3.0

topshelf720 - 
slicedcity - Thinkin bout throwing some money on thatch, is that a bad move? Phone Post 3.0

Henderson has admitted if he has to play it safe and lay and pray for a 5 round decision he will. He knows that's his only chance. I don't see him getting in on Thatch and controlling him. Thatch is 6'2 and long for a WELTERWEIGHT...let alone a Lightweight, which is what Ben has been working against for his entire career. Thatch will come in at a ripped 190. He'll be too big, too strong, and his reach will be too much for Ben to do much of anything.

I say it's about a 90% chance for Thatch to win. So I wouldn't put a mortgage payment on it, but I'd say something comfortable would be a very safe bet.

I agree, Mr. diuretics underthenutbag guy disagrees.